Sign in to follow this  
scottb613

US Naval Amphibious Assaults

Hi Folks,

I've only been using Arma for a month or so and I'm learning the ropes... I've spent a considerable amount of time learning how to use Alive (truly amazing mod) and I've been getting comfortable with the mission editor... I've seen the Naval Mod thread and I'm following along with great interest... From my very limited experience and coming from DCS - true jet aircraft operations seem a bit out of place in the snow globe like airspace of Arma (I could be doing something wrong) - although it seems to garner much attention...

Has anyone created a decent U.S. amphibious landing mission already ??? This aspect of warfare has always interested me but it seems assets for this type of mission are still pretty limited... 

I'm starting to hobble together ideas for a pseudo Naval amphibious landing type mission with what's available today... Obviously - I'll probably have to make some substitutions like Chinooks for Sea Knights/Osprey - etc etc etc - until more appropriate content is released... I've seen the LHD and it's on my list to try (as the only appropriate naval asset I know of) and the Naval mods WIP's for the CH-53's and CH-46's...

Are there any appropriate landing craft available ??? Boats in general seem to be in somewhat short supply... Any true amphibious craft ??? I could probably try airlifting some vehicles - not sure what the largest thing a Chinook can carry would be...

Any thoughts or input on how to best accomplish this - most welcome...

Thanks...

Regards,
Scott

As far as landing craft go, Burnes15th long ago released both a US LCAC and a LCU Mk 10 (UK); tracked vehicles are still waiting on an engine fix from Bohemia before they can be amphibious, but wheeled amphibious vehicles have long been doable.

Its impossible for the arma 3 engine to handle tracked amphibious vehicles (who would even think of that in a milsim anyway) , i assume its too complicated for the devs to come up with a solution, it probably requires some really smart and handsome people to fix this. :)

Hi Folks,

Thanks for the input - missed the LCAC and Landing Craft - I'll take a look...

;)

Regards,

Scott

Its impossible for the arma 3 engine to handle tracked amphibious vehicles (who would even think of that in a milsim anyway) , i assume its too complicated for the devs to come up with a solution, it probably requires some really smart and handsome people to fix this. :)

Correct me if Im wrong. But what I have heard so are they working on getting Tracked amphibious vehicles working in Arma 3.

Upcoming DLC Tanao.