Sign in to follow this  
lukinator96

Chechen Volunteers Unit

Hello. I would like to present you my first public addon. Death battalion v0.9

Background

"Death" battalion is a volunteer unit of the Donetsk People Republic. It consists only of ethnical chechens, who have 10+ years of combat experience upon their shoulders. Many of them are former specops and have awards and medals, granted by Islamic Republic of Chechnya and Russian Federation. Most of them are First Chechen War veterans, who changed sides during the second campaign and helped russian forces restoring peace in the republic. 50 battalion members are forming DPR leader Alexander Zaharchenko bodyguard. The structure of the battalion is a bit complicated, but it stated that "Death" battalion and "Russian Orthodox Army" are part of the "Oplot" battalion commanded by Zaharchenko. You can identify "Death" members by the Chechen Republic flag on the shoulder and Ramzan Kadyrov patch on their caps.

Screens

-S_c1ZCZuq8.jpg
g6jUjhk0sVo.jpg
5cLbR9NIrnE.jpg

Known bugs.

-No wound textures yet.
-Chechens speak english. I don't know why!
-There is some weird with Squad Leader head in the first person if you look back.
-There is still a work with shadows that need to be done

Credits.

-To BIS for the awesome game and released unbinarized models, so I could put this one together.
-Stagler and McNool for the Chechen Rebels addon, which faces they allowed me to use in my addon. It adds a great immersion.
-Massi for the awesome Gorka texture. 
-Others I've forgot to mention.

Download link

here

I would appreciate if you guys help me with mirrors.

Release frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

news_donwload_oa_4.png

Chechen Volunteers Unit v0.9

==================================================

You are not registered on Armaholic, or at least not that we are aware of. Soon we offer the possibility to authors to maintain their own pages.

If you wish to be able to do this as well please register on Armaholic and let me know about it.

This is not mandatory at all! Only if you wish to control your own content you are welcome to join, otherwise we will continue to follow your work like we have always done ;)

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

Wait... PWS says this is a mod for ArmA 3, but on the forum it's posted under ArmA 2 :/ please, which one is it?

Wait... PWS says this is a mod for ArmA 3, but on the forum it's posted under ArmA 2 :/ please, which one is it?

It's A2OA, don't know why it's A3 in PWS

New mod v0.9 available at withSIX. Download now by clicking:

banner-420x120.png

Hey lukinator96 , you can upload updates or new mods to withSIX yourself now!

Make your own promo page, get the power to release your work at your own point of choosing.

To learn more, follow this guide.

You should consider porting this over to arma 3

that would be really awesome

Hello!

I have read a few books on the Chechen wars. I applaud your efforts to bring realism to the simulation arena. You might like "Ultimate Sniper" by Major Plaster, Accurateshooter.com and ShooterReady.com