Sign in to follow this  
Ex-RoNiN

Close air support

Right,

I have 4 bronco's nearby and I want them to go on a "Seek and Destroy" rampage once the situation on the ground gets hot. I want to call them in using the radio.

I tried putting just 1 move waypoint for them, then a seek and destroy waypoint in the target area, and synced a radio-trigger with the move waypoint, but they never appeared sad.gif

Any ideas on how/what I should do to make this work?

Units hold at the WP that is synched to a trigger until the trigger's conditions are met, then they move on to the next WP. So, you should have a move WP close to where they already are, synched to the Radio call trigger, and then the Seek & Destroy WP wherever.

Not sure how planes react, as they don't hover in the air like helis... But it should work.

Well, no, they just kept on flying straight past the waypoint, until they flew out of the map eventually.

I solved the problem by putting them on the ground smile.gif

Easy! Put your Bronco on the ground with no fuel on the airstrip.All you do is make a trigger Alpha Radio call

and put this in.

name of unit alpha

put it in the trigger

"alpha setfuel 1; alpha move getpos player

The aircraft will come and destroy all the tanks/armour.

If you want both inf/amour to be destroyed use a helicopter as BIS havnt made the aircraft Ai engage infantry!!

mad.gif