Sorry for the delay folks - been working on other projects recently and only just came back to Arma III and realised that these missions were in dire need of being updated so that they work with Apex/Eden, plus the All in Arma Terrain pack has been superseded by the CUP Terrains Complete pack, so I've made the necessary changes to the missions themselves to get them to work again, and even made a few changes to bring them in line with the most recent versions of the respective mods.

First post updated with the new links and details.

Best,

• Like 5

Hi,

Just playing on Esseker, and it's impossible to repair vehicles, I have a toolkit in my inventory. Funnily enough I found an Ural-4320 on the side of the road barely a minute or two after running from the crash site, no toolkit of course, and yet I could repair the truck. However when I have tried to repair other vehicles in game, such as SUV's driven by bandits, it's impossible to repair them as it does not come up with an option in the action menu. Annoyingly, this also applies to the helicopter found on the airfield meaning I can only complete the scenario by going to the bunker (for some reason the Toolkit still allows me entry). I was just wondering if this is indeed a bug or am I doing something wrong in terms of repairing the vehicles? Like do I need other items or in order to repair do you not use the action menu?

Thanks,

Great scenarios, love the Altis version, just wish I could finish this :') 

P.S. I am on Apex

*UPDATE TO ABOVE*

I had the Ravage mod installed, another Zombie apocalypse type mod which has a more complex repairing system that forces you to find spare tyres etc, on a hunch I disabled that mod and reloaded my most recent Outbreak - Esseker save and it seems to be allowing me to repair an SUV that I just rammed with a truck. To be certain, I then reactivated Ravage and sure enough I could then not repair any vehicles. I think Ravage somehow conflicts with your scenario.

• Like 1

How about random mission generator from Survival stronghold? Maybe help them build their stronghold defence by looking some weapons or ammo in military base. Or looking for water with tanker truck. Or looking for foods in the city? Or even help them defend their stronghold from bandit or zed horde?

I've started the Altis mission and was having a lot of fun at the beginning. You go somewhere, and when you think that the end is nigh, you find gear. Then you drive and drive to seemingly nowhere until you stumble upon a car with a map and get hints as to things you may do next. But then a few hours later I got bored.

I found a boat I had to refuel. How hard can that be? Is there like 3-4 fuel trucks for all of Altis? After hours and going over half the island I couldn't find a single one. None at the service stations, none at the AAF outposts, none at the fuel stations, none at a couple of bandits hideouts. Not a single jerrycan on the whole island. What would one have done IRL? You have plenty of cars around, which means tubes and hoses. I'd syphon the fuel from mine and voila, done. I consider that I escaped.

Some suggestions:

* I've seen a few friendly survivors. I wish I could recruit some of them. Maybe on from each group? It's too lonely otherwise.

* I wish that bandit strongholds and AAF outposts had more troops. 4 enemies is too little. If you stumble upon such a camp at the very beginning, go out and loot stuff, I got myself a whole arsenal just from isolated houses in the countryside, these camps were only useful as ammo generators.

* Did you cover everything in fog on purpose? It's not eerie, just annoying. I wish I had the option to not have any without having to remove it through the console.

Anyway, it started extremely well, but ended up being a tour of Altis, I felt I was on a wild goose chase for something silly I could have done right by the boat. Same for an air evac, I've been to 3 airfields, and had the feeling that the remaining 3 wouldn't have anything even if I visited them all. I wish I could get pointers somewhere, like talk to the groups of survivors I've seen in many cities, like "hey, I've seen this and that at that location".

I've started the Altis mission and was having a lot of fun at the beginning. You go somewhere, and when you think that the end is nigh, you find gear. Then you drive and drive to seemingly nowhere until you stumble upon a car with a map and get hints as to things you may do next. But then a few hours later I got bored.

I found a boat I had to refuel. How hard can that be? Is there like 3-4 fuel trucks for all of Altis? After hours and going over half the island I couldn't find a single one. None at the service stations, none at the AAF outposts, none at the fuel stations, none at a couple of bandits hideouts. Not a single jerrycan on the whole island. What would one have done IRL? You have plenty of cars around, which means tubes and hoses. I'd syphon the fuel from mine and voila, done. I consider that I escaped.

Some suggestions:

* I've seen a few friendly survivors. I wish I could recruit some of them. Maybe on from each group? It's too lonely otherwise.

* I wish that bandit strongholds and AAF outposts had more troops. 4 enemies is too little. If you stumble upon such a camp at the very beginning, go out and loot stuff, I got myself a whole arsenal just from isolated houses in the countryside, these camps were only useful as ammo generators.

* Did you cover everything in fog on purpose? It's not eerie, just annoying. I wish I had the option to not have any without having to remove it through the console.

Anyway, it started extremely well, but ended up being a tour of Altis, I felt I was on a wild goose chase for something silly I could have done right by the boat. Same for an air evac, I've been to 3 airfields, and had the feeling that the remaining 3 wouldn't have anything even if I visited them all. I wish I could get pointers somewhere, like talk to the groups of survivors I've seen in many cities, like "hey, I've seen this and that at that location".

Hi Neofit,

Here...Let me help you *Spoiler Alert*

1. All the cars that spawn in towns and villages should have maps.

2. The boat is just one method of escaping, there's a damaged Helo (Helicopter) that spawns at one of the AAF Outposts, you can even steal one of their APC's (They're amphibious), or if you eventually find some scuba gear and a rebreather, you can visit the point of interest that's marked on the map to the south, just remember to dive down deep into the trench.

3. As Corporal Lib pointed out earlier, there's several Fuel trucks that spawn on Altis, there should be at least 1 at one of the three bandit camps, while the others spawn randomly either at the gas stations in Pyrgos, Kavala which are the largest towns or Sofia for anyone stuck on the East side of the island. You'll find them if you're looking, as they don't despawn. Jerry cans and siphoning fuel while realistic, isn't in vanilla Arma 3 unfortunately.

4. Recruiting survivors is in part 2 (set on Tanoa), this scenario has been designed to make the player feel isolated and alone.

5. The Bandit camps originally had a lot more defenders, but this made it too difficult for the newer players, so I cut them back to around 4-8 (with some only having a chance of appearing at mission start) to make things fair for everyone involved, and to stick with the theme that there aren't that many survivors that are immune to the virus or have managed to avoid being infected in the first place.

6. The fog isn't that bad - see my YouTube video where I play through the entire scenario, the only thing I can think of is that you're using a mod that's changed the fog somehow, or that the devs have changed how fog works in a patch that's come out since this scenario was initially released back in 2015... Either way I'm not likely to make any further changes to my older scenarios, so just keep using the console if you don't like it.

7. There is no air evac like in Esseker, the survivors do give you hints, i.e. The group at the cave mention the old evac sites (where you find the boat), and the Police Chief mentions that their pilot went to get help from the AAF but hasn't come back (suggesting it might be worth checking out the AAF outposts).

In conclusion, the important thing to remember is that this mission is essentially a sandbox, where you've got to figure out things for yourself, there's no hand-holding like with most games and scenarios these days, which seem to cater towards people with ADD and little to no problem solving ability - the hints are there if you look for them - in fact I've had several players mention that it's too easy to escape from Esseker, Chernaus and especially Altis, one even did it in less than 30 mins when he found both the fuel truck and escape boat in Pyrgos, so there's a lot of randomness involved.

Bearing in mind that the original incantation of this mission was just made for myself and a few of my buddies playing it as SP or co-op where we would fight against waves of infected until our ammo ran out and we all died, so this is a massive improvement.

Anyway I hope the above has helped, but at the end of the day if this scenario isn't what you're looking for, and you'd rather play something where you focus more on killing bandits and the objectives are more straightforward then just look elsewhere. If you're looking for a vastly superior Zombie Apocalypse experience then don't play Arma 3, I'd thoroughly recommend 7 Days to Die, or if player vs player and bandits are your thing then it's worth checking out DayZ.

Best,

• Like 1

*UPDATE TO ABOVE*

I had the Ravage mod installed, another Zombie apocalypse type mod which has a more complex repairing system that forces you to find spare tyres etc, on a hunch I disabled that mod and reloaded my most recent Outbreak - Esseker save and it seems to be allowing me to repair an SUV that I just rammed with a truck. To be certain, I then reactivated Ravage and sure enough I could then not repair any vehicles. I think Ravage somehow conflicts with your scenario.

Hi Matt,

No idea, sorry.  There's no scripts in place that change how repairing works in any of the Outbreak Scenarios, for the vehicles that need a repair kit (i.e. the Helicopters and Fuel Trucks in Essker, Chernarus and Altis), all I've done is setvehiclelock to "Locked" until the damage is repaired after which it sets it to "Unlocked" allowing you to get inside.

Esseker and Chernarus both use the Red Hammer Studios Russian and US units, but I don't think they would cause any problems with the Ravage mod.  I've never used Ravage before, so I might download it and see what happens. :)

Best,