Sign in to follow this  
onepercent

How to add add-ons?

I recently got OFP Cold War Crisis and have finished the campaign and single missions. I installed the 1.30 and 1.46 patch, but I would like to install some add-ons. I have tried searching posts here and everywhere, but haven't found an answer yet.

I am confused about the patch vs. ultimate upgrade situation. I have been to the download section at Codemasters and have seen a weapon add-on pack with the G36, Bizon, and more, but it says to get them on the 'Download' page. But there is no weapon pack, just upgrades, patches, and ultimate upgrades. The 1.30 ultimate upgrade shows these weapons, but I don't need all the 1.30 patch files downloaded again, do I? And the missions that it adds (C01-Convoy, C02-Battlefields, B02-HMMWV) are ones I already have either from the 1.46 upgrade or something. But I have never seen the G36 or Bizon or anything while playing the game. What do I need to do to have all of the official upgrades/patches/add-ons or whatever?

I have tried downloading unofficial add-ons such as 'Operation lojack' by Toadlife, and it is not supposed to need anything but the official upgrades. I put the .pbo file in my OPF 'AddOns' folder, but I can't find it in the game. Would it be under Single Missions? I am thinking that I must need some type of official add-on or upgrade or something to make these work.

theres several places for addons of one kind or another to go:

weapons, units, islands etc go in the addons directory

singe player missions go in the missions directory and,

multiplayer missions go in the mpmissions directory.

i hope this answers your question smile.gif

You should already have the Bizon, G36, etc if you have installed the v1.3 patch. I'm pretty sure the patches/ultimate upgrades are the same thing. You need to go into the Mission Editor if you want to use them. YOu need to put the .pbo for the mission in the OFP/Missions folder.