Sign in to follow this  
CoteX

Arma 3: Editor (units not engaging)

Hi guys, I am having this problem within the editor where I sync the modules and everything but once support is called and the pawnee and wipeout arrive at the designated location they just fly over without engaging... any ideas?

Did you set a "SEEK AND DESTROY" waypoint?

I tested it in the editor: The AH-9 Pawnee (NATO) flew over three soldiers (OPFOR), turned around and attacked them with the minigun and rockets. With AAF (Independent) the AH-9 Pawnee (NATO) won't attack. If you want the AH-9 Pawnee (NATO) to attack AAF (Independent) you have to open "Advanced Intel" CTRL+W and set "Independents are friendly" to OPFOR or Nobody.

Edited by max1944

hey thanks for the prompt reply , I will test it out now. Its unusual because I was watching a tutorial and all the guy did was use the standard two modules and they engaged.

I don't watch tutorials but I edit the original SP campaign missions and BIS alsways set a "SEEK AND DESTROY" waypoint at the end if the soldiers should attack.

I just tried a few things now to no avail, the aircraft just keep circling, they go in for the dive but don't engage.

NATO vs. OPFOR ?

NATO vs. AAF ?

Make a test: Clear all. Go to Stratis airport and set a manned Pawnee (NATO) at one end of the runway and three OPFOR soldiers at the other end. Mark the Pawnee and set a waypoint (SEEK AND DESTROY) above the three OPFOR soldiers.

ok just tried that, and literally i restarted it 3 times, every time it would take off then crash in front of them. maybe its just my faulty game or something lol

I have made a test for you. Download this, unzip it and throw the file "PawneeTest.Stratis" into your missions folder. Open the editor (Stratis), select PawneeTest and hit preview. You are on the Stratis airport tower and in front of you on the runway are three OPFOR soldiers. The Pawnee is on the other end of the runway. The Pawnee should fly over the soldiers, turn around and attack them.

Edited by max1944

Thats weird nothing shows up on the map and when I preview I end up in a helicopter which falls and I drown.

Weird. Now we have to wait for someone else to check my test-mission. If it runs fine with someone else your game might be faulty.

Do you use Mods? Is your game updated (do you use release candidate updates)?

Edited by max1944

Sounds good, thanks so much by the way, i really appreciate the effort, rarely meet people like that, thanks :)

Ahh just reinstalled seemed to do the trick, thanks once again though!

I'm not sure, but maybe I'm missing something.. I think Cotex is maybe referring to the support modules? As opposed to giving a waypoint to a helo, and his issue is maybe when he calls for CAS the helo does not engage any targets?

I'm not sure, but maybe I'm missing something.. I think Cotex is maybe referring to the support modules? As opposed to giving a waypoint to a helo, and his issue is maybe when he calls for CAS the helo does not engage any targets?

hey! yes that is true, the reinstall seemed to work.

---------- Post added at 14:37 ---------- Previous post was at 14:36 ----------

While were here I was wondering if you might have an idea on how I could instruct an addon aircraft to drop a specific loaded weapon as part of 'air support'

I was wondering if you might have an idea on how I could instruct an addon aircraft to drop a specific loaded weapon as part of 'air support'

No you can't do that.

However in the editor you can, remove all the weapons of the aircraft and the add back the one weapon you are after and add plenty of ammo.