Sign in to follow this  
akvadakar

Creating client / Wait for server bug

Hey guys, a friend of mine has this weird bug:

When I try to connect to 23rd WW4 server, one of two things happen:

1. If they're in game, I just sit at the "Wait for server" screen. Nothing happens.

2. If they're in the lobby, I get to "Creating Client" and freeze up. If I wait a minute, it returns to the main menu and comes up with "Connection Failed". Curiously, it completely lags out my game at this point.

I'm using windows 7. I've disabled firewalls, tweaked configs, re-installed, scoured google, edited server ports, added port exceptions on my end... i'm out of ideas. Its annoying, as I can connect to every other server apart from the 23rd - the one I actually want to play on! We've got the same version running on the server - 1.99.

I don't think it's a mod version issue - the one uploaded to the server is the one I uploaded, so they're exactly the same.

-mod=@ww4mod25; its exactly what the server had. I've done all of the routine "simple" fixes.

Could it be server-side? I can connect to literally any other server fine, and i'm pretty sure its not the mod as, again, its the exact same one that everyone else is using and nobody else is reporting any issues with it. I'll see if I can get a look into the server files; I can contact the server itself fine (no connection issues to the place its being hosted) and it seems to me that its the game that's booting me out as the "problem" depends on the state of the game in progress. (Of course, I have no idea what i'm talking about, so this might be totally wrong.)

UPDATE: It isn't the mod - we just disabled it on the server, and the problem persists. It's gotta be something between my PC and the server; a network issue of some kind. All other players can play without any problem in the server.

Anyone experienced/worked around this issue?