Sign in to follow this  
SPC.Spets

How to acquire more ingame currency?

So, I finally bought this game/sim. I saw the trailer from E3 2015 and then some videos, survival mode was the thing that caught my interest.

Ok, now about the money :p

I started the career mode, sending probes and reserching, and when I finally got the small rover I notice that I dont have enoug money to launch it :( and because I complete all the task in mars I dont have any way to make money doing missions. THe funny part is that I need like 1070k or something to launch the rover mission and I currently have 1060k :j:

So, I wonder if there is a way to edit or "cheat" to add money, I only one that little portion I need just to be able to launch the mission. I dont wan't to start all over again.

btw, looking forward for more survival updates, like the game/sim :)

EDIT: dang, the tittle :/ *need

Now, I'm no computer wiz or software engineer but maybe cheat engine could be of some service to you. I'm aware that Bohemia banned the use of this software on their other titles, such as, Arma 2 and Arma 2 OA. Although, I doubt TOM has any issues with Cheat Engine. The other risk is that you might need to spend a little bit of cash to find the correct value in order to edit your money. Remember, I have no idea if this will work.

I'm just reading into TOM, looking at its modding possibilities.

love the sci-fi aspect of the game, just a bit hesitant as the map is just a coop mode.

Is there any plans on taking this to a full mp type survival?

Anyhow back to the op. If there is a debug console I'm sure you could find the variable and just push a a small script local to add the extra money.

Can't you just remove a part from the rover? I'm pretty sure it's possible to make a small rover that costs 1060k.

I tried, but there was no cheaper than 1070 or something. Anyway, I restarted the whole career and then it got stuck, I have the antenna research done, but it does not appear in the construction part, so I can not build a lander now :s

I also needed some time to understand how the research works in this game...

You have the final parts on the left, if you select the antenna on the left side, it will highlight all the needed research for that special part on the techtree...

this might save you some time... finished research will get an ok-button on the same line ;)

I ran into the same issue and really it is and is not your fault.  It is your fault because you probably started researching everything you could.  The reason it is not is because the game does not do a good job of telling you that to get a new tech (item for your rover) you need specific things only.  So researching all willy nilly results in your going broke.  BUT if you research deliberately, so only researching what you will need for that next mission piece, then your money will stretch.

Sadly the only path I can recommend is restarting your game and be more cautious with how you research things.  Look very carefully at what you will need for that rover and do not blow funds on anything that is not for a mission early on.  Or else you will hit a wall.  Once you have the rovers though, there are "free form" missions that you can do on Mars.  So fininshing a mission does not mean that your rover can not earn you more money by say taking more pictures.  :-)