Sign in to follow this  
sphoenix

Co-12 Lights Show (Altis)

A3YAFvn.jpg

***** Summary *****

Up until now the FIA has been very quiet, partly because supply runs from NATO are far and few, but also because targets of opportunity are rare. They have been doing a lot of reconnaissance around Altis and have quickly seen where to hit in order to hurt CSAT.

All they needed was the right time and the right circumstances. Tonight is that night...

FIA has long had its eye on the local CSAT Weapons Research Lab.

This lab is evaluating the use of Altis' rare earth materials in penetrators and communications; however we have learned that they are also toying with fissile material. We have posited that they are trying to manufacture micro-nukes, but it is doubtful that their research has gone very far.

So far lack of explosives and opportunity has prevented us from striking. However tonight, the weather has deteriorated tremendously, putting us at an advantage over the defenders of the quarry. CSAT is guarding the civilian operation there since they have an interest in the ore as well as keeping the explosives away from us.

Get the quarry and blow up that lab!

***** About the mission *****

In this mission you will fight through harsh weather in the darkness - will you take advantage of the stealth or will you take advantage of your enemies' lack of NVGs?

Choose and plan carefully!

Features:

- Voice acting

- FHQ Task Tracker

- Psycho's Wounding System

VANILLA MISSION - NO EXTERNAL MODS ARE REQUIRED.

Please message me for any bug report and/or feature request.

Check out my other missions for squad to platoon-sized fun!

Available through Steam Workshop and as a standalone download from Armaholic or Dropbox.

Edited by SPhoenix

Updated! See first post for links.

Changelog:

- Rearranged team order.

- Fixed briefing typos.

- Added Insertion marker.

- Added transportation means where appropriate.

- Fixed crate issue.

- Tweaked weather for an easier first phase.

Updated! See first post for links.

Changelog:
Fixed crate issue.
- Added GL

- Added timeout for the flyovers

Thank you for this mission, we played it last wednesday with with 8, two squads with 3 people and the sniper spotter team with ASR AI3 and Ace 3 mods. Because we're not very good, I removed the non-transport Helicopter, thought that a bit much. The ending was nice, indeed nobody saw that one coming.

Yeah, it's supposed to be more annoying than anything!

It goes away after a while, in the earlier versions it chased you until the end. It just had to go  :)

At any rate, I'm very glad that you enjoyed it! That's exactly why I make missions.