HubHabar

Need help with Server: Network message *** is pending

Hi. Could you please help me with understanding why my server is crash. First of all I don't use any of the known mods (all the code was wrote by me) but I hope you can help me anyway.

My problem is: "Server: Network message *** is pending". I cannot to figure out what is the reason and hope it is generic error for A3 servers. The log file is full of these messages when I have about 50+ players online but sometime I see it when only 20 players are online. As I understand at some point the channel is completely clogged and the server stops responding to clients.

Here is my basic.cfg

MaxMsgSend = 896;
MaxSizeGuaranteed = 958;
MaxSizeNonguaranteed = 256;

MinBandwidth = 107374182;
MaxBandwidth = 1073741824;
MaxCustomFileSize = 1310720;

MinErrorToSend = 0.002;
MinErrorToSendNear = 0.02;

class sockets{maxPacketSize = 1400;};

adapter=-1;
3D_Performance=1;
Resolution_W=0;
Resolution_H=0;
Resolution_Bpp=32;
terrainGrid=25;
viewDistance=2000;
Windowed=0

and strating options

-port=2302 -config=config.cfg -cfg=basic.cfg -profiles=server -name=server -pid=pid.log -enableHT -mod=mymodname -sock_host=::1 -sock_port=3030

Also I'm using HC to manage DB queries and mod logic

-client -connect=127.0.0.1 -port=2302 -mod=mymodname -sock_host=::1 -sock_port=3030 -nosound -profiles=HC1 -name=HC1

-mod=mymodname is not a typo, it's because the forum thinks that I'm trying to post a link. Also I removed the pathes for -config, -cfg and -profiles

Server configuration is

Windows Server 2008 R2 Standart
E5-1650v2 3.9GHz (6 core)
32Gb RAM
SSD hard drive
1Gb in/out connection (but I'm not sure on 100%, that is what the ISP said to me)

I haven't spotted indicators at 50+ player but at this moment (while I'm writing here) there is 20 players and the monitor shows: about 47-50FPS; memory usage ~1.5Gb; out 500-2500Kb/s; in 100-200Kb/s. Also in the Windows Task Manager the avg network usage is about 5-8%, but on the crash it goes up to 75+%. After this server stops to responding.

At one moment of the time there are no more 50-60 vehicles on the island (Altis) but I have a lot of static stuff like bottles, chairs, tables etc and also about 80 NPCs-traders (without any logic; thay are just stay on one place and do nothing; all of them has enableSimulation false and all of them are in one group).

Each vehicle has about 16 public variables setted via setVariable. Each player has about 20 public variables. Most of them are primitives like small strings, numbers, booleans and small arrays (like position). Only one variable can be quite huge Equipment which contains the current player equipment (uniform, items, weapons etc).

Finally I'm using "Node.js Extension for Arma 3" to manage all DB stuff and logic. The most parts of SQLs are executed at one transaction but actions, like opening vehicle inventory, are also requires SQL to get the stuff stored in it. To do this I'm using BIS_fnc_MP which got HC object as the third parameter, so it is executed on the HC.

So could you please advise (if it is possible after reading stuff above) what should I pay attention in the first and in what direction to search. I hope you can help me, because I have no idea what the true cause of such crashes.

Thanks and sorry for my english.

MaxMsgSend=64;
MaxSizeGuaranteed=1024;
MaxSizeNonguaranteed=256;

MinErrorToSend=0.002;
MinErrorToSendNear=0.03;

try this

works fine on our altis life rpg server with 130 players on-line

MaxMsgSend - primary var here.

u can try up it to 128 or 256, but after 100 players u need value < 84

MaxMsgSend=64;
MaxSizeGuaranteed=1024;

MinErrorToSend=0.002;
MinErrorToSendNear=0.03;

try this

Thanks a lot. Will try it soon

MaxMsgSend=64;
MaxSizeGuaranteed=1024;

MinErrorToSend=0.002;
MinErrorToSendNear=0.03;

try this

Sadly but it didn't help. Still get the error but at this time when about 20 players are online new players who tries to connect has a problem with connection and server starts logging the error

I'm using maxmsgsend 2048 and playing with 30+ mates stable, hadn't the chance to get more mates on the server right now. Around 3000 objects on map, HC is running, too. All Als are on HC (200+). Server fps never goes under 45fps. Lots of traffic indeed but it's working. (5-7k traffic)

Maybe you should test smaller value in your network bandwidth. I don't know if the arma netcode can handle all the stuff and doing miscalculations ?!

/edit

Never tough that MaxMsgSend could be this low... have to test it :P

Edited by Astrell