Sign in to follow this  
Ruskiesrule

Civilians and there cars!

Is it possible to make a script where it randomly places cars around the player, so that it seems like their are civilians in cars doing their own thing!

And if so, is it also possible to have areas that don't have traffic but the rest of the island does.

In my campaign one of the islands has been totaly taken over by Resistance and allies, and their is a little nice royal family/presidents house area where the only cars you would see would be ones i put there my self.

I haven't heard of any, it wouldn't be that hard to make one your self. But you would have to be careful not to lag down the mission.

RED

Ive been thinking about this aswel, havent tested it but you can create a scripts wich is activated by an area trigger.

In the scripts you can camcreate vehicles like 10 or 100 meters behind the player ( do name the camcreated vehicle)

Then do something like

vehicle1 domove [(getPos this select 0) + 1000, getPos this select 1, getPos this select 2]

so that it will drive to the point thats 1000 meters infront of the player. and will only drive off the road when its near that point

And make it so that when its further away then 500 meters or so, that you delete vehicle or camdestroy it to reduce lagg overall.

Aah well i havent tried it, but its worth a shot =)

Hope you understand what i said too ;p

Greetings

You could also make some civvies in vehicles, give them waypoints to follow, and then set their chance of appearing with the slider to a random percentage.