Sign in to follow this  
Yett

Arma 3 not launching since latest update

So since the new launcher was added my game won't actually launch, tried a heck of a lot to make it work. Was working fine before the Marksman DLC.

What happens is I click "Launch" on the launcher, the game's loading splash comes up.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/13983047/Capture.PNG (156 kB)

It says

"Loading Addons"

"Initializing Addons"

"Loading Profile Options"

Then that's it, nothing pops up, the game is not running in process management or anything. If I try to relaunch the same happens, If I try to verify the game cache, still doesn't work, if I try to launch arma3.exe from the directory does the exact same.

Any fix? :)

Edit: Here is the log of the launch when I launch it http://pastebin.com/YHDS1CMp

Edited by Yett

Verified game cache. Next try a defrag & a restart?

Same problem here. Did u fix it?

Bought that game and played it a few months ago. Then i stopped playing it. And now as i wanted to start playing again it doesnt work. Launcher is starting and stops launching as if i never hit the play button. I did that game cache thing too but it still doesnt work. Need help please. :Oo:

So since the new launcher was added my game won't actually launch, tried a heck of a lot to make it work. Was working fine before the Marksman DLC.

What happens is I click "Launch" on the launcher, the game's loading splash comes up.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/13983047/Capture.PNG (156 kB)

It says

"Loading Addons"

"Initializing Addons"

"Loading Profile Options"

Then that's it, nothing pops up, the game is not running in process management or anything. If I try to relaunch the same happens, If I try to verify the game cache, still doesn't work, if I try to launch arma3.exe from the directory does the exact same.

Any fix? :)

Edit: Here is the log of the launch when I launch it http://pastebin.com/YHDS1CMp

can you show us the parameters?

Remove/rename your arma profiledirectory and try again, please.

@ Headpop where can i find the parameters please?

@ ozzbik where do you exactly mean?

---------- Post added at 16:17 ---------- Previous post was at 14:56 ----------

OK i solved the problem. To be nice i tell you what happened.

I think my problem has been different from most people. As i quitted playing Arma 3 i deinstalled sweetFX what i had installed to upgrade my vision. As i deinstalled it i didnt remove the files from sweetFX that i earlier had to put in to my Arma 3 folders. I removed the files

d3d9.dll

d3d9.fx

dxgi.dll

dxgi.fx

injector.ini

SweetFX readme.txt

SweetFX_preset.txt

SweetFX_settings.txt

and now it works finally.

Thanks to you Headpop for the hint with the log file. And thanks to anyone else for helping. Its always worth to look into that log files. :yay:

Hey, I still have a problem, when I click "play" after the launcher, it crashes and says "Arma 3 has stopped working"

@ ozzbik where do you exactly mean?

%HOMEPATH%\My Documents\Arma 3\*.cfg (to *.cfg_bck)

I'm having this same issue since the latest patch. I've tried everything cleared profiles, deleted my whole install, Cleared steam configs like the troubleshooter suggests checked all my drivers uninstalled all mods did windows updates. even tried dev branch and -nolauncher. nadda.

Running a haswell i7 with amd 2xx series gfx card with windows 8.1 x64

Managed to get it running by running it as admin now. setup both the .exe and launcher.exe as run as admin and now its back to normal. hope this helps you guys too

Edited by Ghod90

SweetFX injectors were a big troublesooting problem for people more than a year ago..., most people found out FX didn't work then.

The "Run as Administrator" fix is something new people to arma, and to games in general, will miss, tho i've been running 'as admin' on games since the '90s --when Dinosaurs still walked the earth....

Same my launcher is running but it wont bring it up, did admin and everything. i can play if i just open the arma exe

Same my launcher is running but it wont bring it up, did admin and everything. i can play if i just open the arma exe

Does the taskbar icon appear?

If so, check the following:

Rightclick on taskbar icon

Click move once

Press an arrowkey on your keyboard

Move your mouse to see if the windows has gone beyond view point (should be visible).

Can add ' -noLauncher ' to the steam start-up. That's what i do.