Sign in to follow this  
Kyle_K_ski

Errors: AiA_Takistan_Data, not have 5 entries, CfgPatches.aiabuildings - please help

Hello Folks,

I'm hoping that someone more wizened than I can help me figure out the source(s) of a few Error Reports.

I've got two directories setup for launching islands. One directory contains custom maps made with the Arma 3 Editor, and maps included with the AllInArmaTerrainPack_2015_01_01-hotfix map pack, and includes all of the following mods (mods with a * require the AiATP):

AllInArmaTerrainPack_2015_01_01-hotfix

BaBe_midTex_27_08_13

Bornholm-v13

ChernobylZone_v0.2

*Isla-Duala-A3-v321

Kunduz-Afghanistan-v10

MSKE-4-Islands-Map-v10

*panthera-v31

Pianosa-v01

X-Cam-prototype-map-v10

@Tilos

@CST Ukraine

When I start the game via Arma 3 Mod Preset Launcher - v. 1.2.2, with just the above maps active, I get the following Error Report:

Config 'names' array does not have 5 entries error

This Error Report is extremely annoying, as it happens shortly after starting the game, and halts the rest of the game's loading. I have to select "OK" before the game will continue on. For the life of me, I can't figure out where the problem lies. I've researched a "...does not have 3 entries error..." thread, but it ended up with having to do with a Mission coding failure. I have only the most rudimentary of missions, with no fancy coding. It's hard for me to imagine that any of them are the culprit, and, besides, this error only appeared after I installed several new islands to the above directory. If it is one of these new islands, I can't determine which one it is.

Then I have another directory encompassing maps that rely on the A3MP_v14 mod. In this folder, I have the following Islands...

A3MP_v14@A3MP-AP-v11

@Clafghan_v11

fallujah1_2

FATA

FDF_Podagorsk_V11

NC_pathfinder4_full (just the files for the island of Namalsk)

Thirsk

When I start the game via Arma 3 Mod Preset Launcher - v. 1.2.2, with BOTH above directories of islands ACTIVE, I quickly get this Error Report:

'AiA_Takistan_Config' requires addon 'AiA_Takistan_Data' error

After selecting "OK" to proceed with starting the game, the super annoying Config 'names' array does not have 5 entries error then takes effect.

After getting past the "Config 'names' array" error, I try to launch an extremely simple mission via the Editor, the Editor launches the Preview, the loading occurs but fails to launch into the game world, and then reverts back to the Editor View, showing this text box...

No entry 'bin\config.bin/CfgPatches.aia_buildings_data'.

This happens regardless of the map I'm using, which really stymies me, since if Takistan can launch properly WITHOUT these A3MP files, why can't it launch WITH them active?

Something within the A3MP directory is "knocking out" the Takistan_Data from AiATP, and furthermore, making it impossible to launch into the gameworld of the maps located in the AiATP directory.

I've read in numerous posts that one HAS TO have ALL of the "optional" A3MP islands installed in order to avoid any major bugs. I believe that I do have them all installed, yes? Maybe I'm missing one that isn't listed on its pages here:

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=23863

and

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=24911

Could the problem also be that I only have the AiATP installed http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=26682, and not AiATDP http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=27548? Must I also install the "Data" version of the AiA mod? This would be weird to me, as I can successfully start up AiATP's worlds when the A3MP directory is not also active.

Perhaps I need to use the A3MPL launcher to setup the mod launch-hierarchy differently? Should AiATP be higher up on the list than A3MP, or vice versa?

Any detailed help would be greatly appreciated, as I've lost hours trying to figure this out on my own...