Sign in to follow this  
focke66

Crash since 1.40

I see some issues with crashing were resolved in the 1.40 update but for me it has created one. i searched here and in general for a thread but got nothing pertinent in the huge list of results.

Is anyone else having this? I thought it might be my mission file or expansions but I ran a pure vanilla re-install and its happening there too.

Crashing how and where? You did not leave any details of your particular problem.

I'm getting the same problem. I can join any server but after 10 minutes-2 hours i will randomly crash (not server restarts). My game freezes, locks up can still hear some sound but will eventually end up with client not responding in my task manager. This just started happening after the latest patch, hasn't happened before.

Here is the RPT file that i received from it if that helps.

Hope someone knows something.

=====================================================================

== C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Arma 3\arma3.exe

== "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Arma 3\arma3.exe" -cpuCount=4 -skipintro -malloc=system -exThreads=7 -noLogs -nosplash -enableHT -mod=

Original output filename: Arma3Retail_DX11

Exe timestamp: 2015/03/02 15:29:40

Current time: 2015/03/09 17:44:41

Type: Public

Branch: Stable

Version: 1.40.129533

Allocator: Windows

=====================================================================

17:44:41 ManagerConfig()

---------- Post added at 01:19 ---------- Previous post was at 01:18 ----------

And also, when the crashes occur the other people in my group tell me its a steam ticket null error.

---------- Post added at 01:53 ---------- Previous post was at 01:19 ----------

Bump^

I was just tossing out a general question to see if others have started crasing with 1.40 as a starting point for myself. Is it new with 1.40 or is it just coincidence.

My screen will freeze but sounds continue. I have to ctl alt del to desktop, where I see the Arma has stopped working message.

I was just tossing out a general question to see if others have started crasing with 1.40 as a starting point for myself. Is it new with 1.40 or is it just coincidence.

My screen will freeze but sounds continue. I have to ctl alt del to desktop, where I see the Arma has stopped working message.

Focke66 did you resolve this issue? the same thing happens to me, i can hear sound aswell and even use my mic back and forth with others, but my game in task manager says its not responding.

I have the same problem, but it got a bit worse. My entire computer freezes up, making me do a hard reset. Happens after 5-30 minutes of game time. I always play on the same server which has 50 players online always. I've tried vanilla, I've tried verifying cache, I've tried Oc and non-oc components.

I've stressed my cpu and gpu, as well I am monitoring everything on my second screen via afterburner. It seems that as soon as my game freezes everything that is being monitored stops being used, goes to 0% and usually 5 seconds after the computer freezes as well and I have to hard reset.

I wanted to open a new thread for this but for some reason I can't on the forum so I'll port all of my previous RPT files here in a bunch. Sometimes they sync up with the freezing up but most of them aren't correct on their time stamp and I cant remember which one is accurate to the freezing up hard reset problem...

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B-YLbIgfkou6dk9RWmN3bTFiY3M/view?usp=sharing

A photo with my phone of afterburner's graphs, I know it doesn't say a lot of but hopefully it'll be useful ._. This was taken after everything froze completely.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B-YLbIgfkou6dWZpOWpMV3AzSnc/view?usp=sharing

I have tried a lot of stuff to battle this but

System specs:

2 monitors 27" 2560x1440 | 24" 1980x1080 , Had the problem prior to the 2 screen setup and afterwards as well

MSI 660 TI power edition Oc and non-oc attempts

I7 3770 non k, OC via OC genie in BIOS and without

8gm 1330mhrz I ran a Memtest 7 passes no errors

MS-7798 motherboard

I'm having a similar problem,

Basically what happens is I launch the game fine then the problem occurs...

The problem is whenever I'm actually loading the game eg

- In the editor I'll place a unit and press preview then the first bar will load and the second time it 'fills up' it goes black and closes

- In Multiplayer I'll enter the server select a unit to be and press play. Once I've done that the server will load but crash again

(Side notes it happens in ArmA 2 as well)

Little backstory :P I had a driver problem where my display driver would stop responding and cause loads of graphical buggy glitches (Which I seemed to have fixed by resetting my computer and uninstalling/reinstalling my drivers MULTIPLE TIMES <-- ball ache) But anyway slowly but surely I've got my games to work again with some sort of technical magic.

Since then Arma 3 has been like this.

Specs

i5 4670k

R9 280x

650 VS corsair Power supply

I've tried loads of things with no help for Arma just yet, any help would be appreciated :) Thanks again