Sign in to follow this  
Bullz_eye_on_my_back

Making first addon.... need a "sitting"driver

I'm currently making my first addon.  I've nearly got it completed, except for a few hang ups. I've tried to find a "driver" model that will actually look like they are sitting, instead of having their feet up in the air infront of them.

If anyone knows of any or can help me please let me know. Also, it would be even better if there is a driver that sits and doesn't have their hands out infront of them (down to the side).

There is one other hang up though. I've created my Geometry LOD (which doesn't drive through anything)- so I copied it over to my Firing Geometry and Hit Points LODs. When I have it in the game, I shoot it and nothing really happens, nor can I shoot the person driving it.

I just wondered if there was any reason for not being able to shoot the person? I have the "driver component" or what ever you call it in the firing and hit points LOD.

Thanks from a newbie! (and yes I did try and look for an answer first)

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Bullz_eye_on_my_back @ Oct. 01 2002,23:24)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">There is one other hang up though. I've created my Geometry LOD (which doesn't drive through anything)- so I copied it over to my Firing Geometry and Hit Points LODs. When I have it in the game, I shoot it and nothing really happens, nor can I shoot the person driving it.

I just wondered if there was any reason for not being able to shoot the person? I have the "driver component" or what ever you call it in the firing and hit points LOD.

Thanks from a newbie! (and yes I did try and look for an answer first)<span id='postcolor'>

The fire geometry must not block the driver. Just as geometry lod defines the collision detection, the fire geometry defines the collision detection for projectiles.

Great thanks Denior!! I didn't really think about that. I'll have to re-arrange my convex hulls I guess.

Oh and if anyone has an idea for a "sitting" driver (where the knees are bent and like sitting in a chair) please let me know.

thanks again