Sign in to follow this  
ginks

Launcher still not locking...still

I've been playing Arma for a couple of yrs now. I mod, mcc, create/edit missions for (SealTeam40), open/edit pbo's etc...However, somewhere along the way, my 'launcher locking' broke. I have just dealt with it since my small tactical group usually carry them, but its time I get this fixed.

Steam updates, arma updates, removing, adding, deleting, installing, disabling, enabling, uninstalling ALL to no avail. I see this question was raised and closed, but by now I thought surely an update would fix it for me, but that's a negative. I also tried changing the default T key etc...

Can anyone help ?

I think Arma ver. is 1.83xxxx. I just wanted to see if anyone had any other thoughts.

thank you for your time as I'm a little frustrated on this one,

Ginks

I've been playing Arma for a couple of yrs now. I mod, mcc, create/edit missions for (SealTeam40), open/edit pbo's etc...However, somewhere along the way, my 'launcher locking' broke. I have just dealt with it since my small tactical group usually carry them, but its time I get this fixed.

Steam updates, arma updates, removing, adding, deleting, installing, disabling, enabling, uninstalling ALL to no avail. I see this question was raised and closed, but by now I thought surely an update would fix it for me, but that's a negative. I also tried changing the default T key etc...

Can anyone help ?

I think Arma ver. is 1.83xxxx. I just wanted to see if anyone had any other thoughts.

thank you for your time as I'm a little frustrated on this one,

Ginks

So, disabling ALL mods completely and just running the vanilla game has the same, no-lock on result?

exactly. I've done that also. I assumed at first that a mod "broke it" which I still think is the case (perhaps an overwritten file or something) but yes, I've disabled all and still same result. I can fire it, just cant lock on targets...

exactly. I've done that also. I assumed at first that a mod "broke it" which I still think is the case (perhaps an overwritten file or something) but yes, I've disabled all and still same result. I can fire it, just cant lock on targets...

Which launcher is it you're having the difficulty with? Also, you've not been silly enough to put addon files in your main Addons folder by mistake have you?

any launcher. None of them will lock. And I don't believe so. I've been editing missions for a while now, but I will definitely check, just to make sure. Would the file integrity check from steam not double check "arma files" ?

any launcher. None of them will lock. And I don't believe so. I've been editing missions for a while now, but I will definitely check, just to make sure. Would the file integrity check from steam not double check "arma files" ?

It will check 'ArmA Files' but not necessarily purge any additional files. An un-edited Addons folder should have 310 files within it (155 *.pbo files and their relevant *.bisign files).

Have you tried looking through the optic at the vehicle upon which you wish to lock and holding or tapping the RMB?

Yes I've looked through the optic while trying to lock and 3rd person. Neither works. But I'm not sure I know what tapping the RMB means...?

---------- Post added at 18:44 ---------- Previous post was at 18:43 ----------

It will check 'ArmA Files' but not necessarily purge any additional files. An un-edited Addons folder should have 310 files within it (155 *.pbo files and their relevant *.bisign files).

Have you tried looking through the optic at the vehicle upon which you wish to lock and holding or tapping the RMB?

I will double check my addons file per your specs there about the 310 files...thanks

Right mouse "reveals" targets, as in some cases even though you can see them, the game doesn't recognise you can see them. Holding RMB should give a lock if one isn't attempted when you first optic over it.

ill give it a try as soon as I get home...

The un-edited Addons folder DID THE TRICK. I had 312 files instead of 310...unless it was a total coincidence..... I removed these 2 files and locking on to targets with the launchers WORKS NOW....UNLESS the AGM mod fixed it. I just installed that and use it on my servers.

Thanks to all of the replies and to you Jackal326 for the fix !! I tip my hat to YOU sir !