Sign in to follow this  
rod6er

Additional information on sites modules?

I've been searching all over the web and I cannot find much information on the sites modules. Even advanced mission makers and scripters who help me from time to time either not use them or don't know much about them.

Nothing on the BIS wiki either. Is there any way to call them with commands? Have better controls over their parameters, ie factions (for addons), type of classes spawned, etc. Ideally I'd like to be able to call them by scripts to get more control over their initialization but I'm not even sure this is possible. This is quite sad because they are a very simple and powerful way of populating areas without scripting for hours to get people in the exact positions you want, and they bring in a certain randomization too.

My group also plays with a lot of addons and even though we have scripts to switch classes equipment and gear at the start of missions it'd be rather infurating to have to make loadout switches for every possible classes in the game because you never know what that will spawn.

Thanks for any information!

My garrison script may be of interest to you (it's in my signature), I would recommend calling the function (instead of spawning, as it says in the usage section), that way you get all the returned units to do with as you please. All you would need from your addon are the classnames of the soldiers your wanting to use.

I will agree the documentation is lacking, and the only starting point of calling them via script is the "BIS_fnc_module..." functions, but none of them have any information whatsoever.

Edited by JShock

Thanks for the reply, I'll have a look at your script. There really is 0 documentation about the sites modules, it's a shame because they are powerful editor tools which can be used by newbs and advanced mission makers but as soon as your not playing with vanilla stuff then it's pretty much useless.

And yeah I've got all the documentation for our mods so I got all the classnames and stuff at my disposal.

The sites modules use a bunch of different scripts located in the modules_f.pbo. I dont feel like reading through all the scripts to figure out how it works though. This is the INIT eventHandler that runs on the blufor site module. Start there

init = "if (isNil 'BIS_initSitesRunning') then {BIS_initSitesRunning = TRUE; ['[sITES] Modules config init'] call BIS_fnc_logFormat; if (isServer) then {execVM '\A3\modules_f\sites\init_core.sqf'} else {execVM '\A3\modules_f\sites\init_client.sqf'}}";

That is actually very helpful. I'll start to dig into the modules_f.pbo tomorrow and see what I can dig up!