Sign in to follow this  
infiltrator_2k

How Much Is Arma Worth To You?

I'm old school.... meaning I was probably having sex before many on this forum were a twinkle in their daddy's eye. But more to the point, I remember playing on the 10p Space Invaders. How much was 10p back in the early 80's? Not to sure, but it'll definitely equate to a lot more than it's worth now. Gamers fixated on video games would pump money into arcade games like a crackhead would snort coke. But of course, then gaming the console was born which was the beginning of the end for arcade games like Williams' Defender. I remember Atari :)

Now the consumer has consoles and PC's to play video games I can't help thinking that we've grown complacent and take for granted that these games will somehow continue to be supported with merely the revenue generated solely from our initial purchase. I bought Arma 3 in its alpha stage for £20. I have however player hour upon hour of Arma for my entertainment and the game's given me a lot of satisfaction. I dread to think how much this would have cost back in the 80's if it were an arcade machine that I'd have to pump money into.

What I'm saying is if we like and enjoy playing Arma and want it to continue to be developed by fixing bugs and releasing DLC, we have to financially invest into the game by purchasing DLC because the devs need to earn a living like everyone else. Just like a car, if you bought a full tank of gas it'll take you on a journey for a set distance, but sooner or later if you want to continue further on that journey you'll have to pay for another tank of gas. The question is how far do you want Arma to take you?