Sign in to follow this  
boombastic

Question about - how to change weapon parameters

Hi all,

I don't have any programming skills, so the question is - if it possible to only change parameters (like firepower, rate of fire, recoil, GL rounds type, magazine capacity e.t.c) without digging to much into programming.

I just want to take some weapon from the game or any mod and tweak some of it parameters (for myself only).

Thanks for all !

Itcan all be done through tweaking the weapons config. Got to program files(x86)\steam\steamapps\common\addons\weapons_f.pbo. You will need a de pbo utility like eliteness to unzip the pbo and locate the config for the weapon you want to tweak. You will have to down load the editing tools and use an app called unrap to convert the config to a word file so you can open it.

Hope that helps😉

Hi, thanks for reply!

When i extract weapons_f.pbo i got files with different extensions: .bin, .p3d, .paa, .rvmat which one i need to edit (i guess it must be .bin file) ?

Maybe you can provide little bit more information (maybe download links) - which "editing tools" and "convert" tools i need ?

Thank you !

The (binarized) config is indeed in the .bin file, and in turn you need a program that can "unRap" (debinarize?) the config such as Eliteness, which will output the config to a .cpp file which you then edit in a text editor such as Notepad++.

(Rule of thumb: .bin = config, .p3d = 3D model, .paa = texture, .rvmat = "materials" file.)

just a tip: Install ArmA3 Tools, Mount P: drive, Access to P: drive and check the samples, there's a weapon in there with the config.cpp << open it and check the comments, Open it with a programming editor, (like notepad++)

To generate the pbo try BinPBO (it's in the BiTools package)

Edited by chAkrA