Sign in to follow this  
KrazyBee

Question about SLI

Here my situation. IM in need for the moeny and im selling my GTX 980 g1 gaming from gigabyte. There is a person who is willing to trade his 2 770 and 300$ on top for my 980. My question is how good is gtx 770 sli compare to 980 alone for arma? And how much wattage PSU do i need if i go with SLI?

Thanks

Doubt it would make much difference. I went from 2x 680s to 1x 970 and then 2x 970 and the performance is basically identical. 2x 680s is more than enough to handle the games graphics and the GPU once you have enough isn't going to provide anything extra as the game is CPU dominated. A 770 is basically an overclocked 680 so you should see no real difference.

For Arma? It's very CPU limited.

For general purpose? I'd stick with the 980 myself. The 770 SLI may out perform it sometimes if a game scales well across SLI, but the general rule is that the single fasted gpu, which you have, is always better than a multi card solution.

thanks for the reply guys. as i stated i need money thats y i sold my 980.BUT here is another problem now.my 770 runs liek shit on arma.i get 12 fps on stratis by myself on ultra and 20 on low.idk wats the problem.i have 4670k oc to 4.3

I have one Asus 770 and its more than enough to run arma on ultra I switch off PP, AA and have 4K view (though the mission is limited to 1k) and get 35 - 50 frames sec on a very well made and optimized mission that has I think between 100 - 200 AI on the map at any time and the same again cached for proximity triggers and that was after the mission had been up for something like 2 weeks, I'm very surprised your are so low.

8X aa. so far im getting great fps 80..ultra besides terrain and object to high..vd is 3000 and objd is 2000

---------- Post added at 21:36 ---------- Previous post was at 20:30 ----------

it was the registry of all the drivers from the past that was messing with the g force. i install new os and now it works fine.

y is my sli not working properly???i got 2 700 and i get 9-30 fps but its very laggy but when i get only one 770 to run i get 70-8- fps.y is my sli not working??i have Motherboard-Asus z97-ar

CPU-I5 4670 k (4.3 ghz)

RAM-8.00 GB

Graphics-2 770 2gb

Hard Drives-500GB/500 GB/500 GB/1TB external

Cooler Master Seidon 120V

Psu-850 watts