Sign in to follow this  
raymix

DEM Earth 2.0 C4D Plugin

Just came across this interesting plugin, it was posted on facebook by 3d total... Sadly I do not own C4D and this seems to be a commercial plugin, but it looks damn cool for what it does.

Especially how it downloads and compiles satmap for you automatically with adjustable quality settings... I am not sure about the whole copyright politics thing behind this, but should be safe since Arma map mods are not commercial, right?

I still prefer World Machine over anything, but for real world data, this could be a handy tool. I'll just leave this video here, see if it peaks someone's interest:

http://vimeo.com/116669735

expensive as hell. personally Im a tad interested in DEM tools 2 and materialMAP (made by terrasim, for vbs3.. but im not sure if they will sell it for personal use..

Looks pretty impressive if you're a C4D user!

expensive as hell.

Seems to be around £250 UKP = #$380

personally Im a tad interested in DEM tools 2 and materialMAP (made by terrasim, for vbs3.. but im not sure if they will sell it for personal use..

I'm pretty sure that if you have the funds, TerraSim will be happy to sell you any of their tools.

MaterialMap, DEM Tools and the pretty impressively clever RoadMap tool are all "standalone" and don't require the main TerraTools package to operate...

They ARE "expensive as hell" though...

I don't have current "single user" prices to hand, but you can expect these TerraSim tools to be around $6000-$7000 each....

B