Sign in to follow this  
metallicafan33

warfare ai squads

hi all,

I am now playing a self made warfare mission, but I noticed some ai teams only have the leader in the whole squad.

It says 1/1.

Does anybody know how I can change this without restarting the mission if that is possible?

That mostly happens when no factory to build the unit's team was available when time came for the squad to depart on mission. There are also some scripting errors that could cause it, but most often the factory being unavailable is usually the cause.

One example to point out, the LAV is listed in the light vehicles config though it's classed as Armor in the Teams config. That's done specifically so the Armor squads have something to purchase at game start. Otherwise the Armor squad leader would depart on mission alone since a Heavy factory can't be afforded at game start.

A reinforce function occurs periodically, where understrength squads or those that can afford an upgrade will RTB to purchase units. Lone squad leaders will purchase their units then if the factory is available.

One way to prevent it from happening, borrowing from the LAV example, is to provide Armor and Air squads a "downgraded" team as an option for purchase at game start. In my mission I left the LAV as is for Armor, and for the Air squad I created an "Air Assault" team consisting of infantry. The Air squad leader purchases Air Assault teams from the barracks until an aircraft factory becomes available. Once an Aircraft factory is built the squad leader buys aircraft.

Having the Commander respawn a team after the factory becomes available is hit-and-miss whether they'll purchase before running off on mission again. It totally depends on the timing of the reinforce function, which may not occur before they're sent back on mission.

Edited by OpusFmSPol