Sign in to follow this  
commanderx

Renaming groups doesnt work for me

Hi,

yesterday I tried to rename the name of groups in a mission.

I tried everything I found via google but still no success. Tried it with this setGroupId["Black"] and also with (group this) setGroupId["Black"] and also group this setGroupId["Black"] in the init line of the teamleader alone and also in all init lines of every single unit in the group. I tried some more but I can´t exactly remember what I did.

Any suggestions how to do this?

Best regards and thanks in advance

Kai

EDIT: I also tried inside the editor with a module Group | Rename groups (maybe it´s called different, use the german version) but still no success.

EDIT2: To clarify, I would like to see the name of the group when choosing the slot before the mission starts.

Edited by CommanderX

if you are setting groupID because you want to rename the default group names as seen in the mission selection screen then you can't. It is not possible (But has been requested many times)

The effect of SetgroupID can be seen in sidechat messages and any formatted text messages in hints, dialogues etc

Use the Description field of the unit in the editor to state the Group callsign.

eg

"Squad leader *** ALPHA ***"

thanks.... and I was trying and searching for hours and found via google lots of help but bothing worked... :D