Sign in to follow this  
Prospero

Vehicles placed at proxies usable / enterable?...

Hi all,

Anyone know if you can put a proxy on an object, put something like an M2 machine gun at that proxy, and still have that M2 machine gun enterable / usable?

I'm sure the answer is no. Anyway...

Prospero

(Prepare for my Kiev class Aircraft Carrier coming soonish:))

Hmmm I've just thought of something more about proxies.

Could one attach "get-in-able" proxies at both ends of a personal weapon's barrel (like an M16), and then specify by script for two gamelogic units to "get in" to these positions?

If so, one can finally determine the azimuth and elevation of any given weapon by getPos'ing the 3D positions of the gamelogics and using a bit of trig.

Just a thought because I am new to O2 & proxies, and I'm sure someone will shoot this down...

***Edit: Of course this would also provide a means by which to establish if a human unit is standing or prone.***

***Edit: Actually, one could find all sorts of things if this proves to be valid.***

Prospero

And another thought...

Surely one could use proxies to place walkable static objects (like an aircraft carrier's runway) "onto" an object with simulation-type "ship" (the carrier's hull)? And hence get the best of both worlds.

Thoughts of a dry brain in a dry season.

Prospero

Unfortunatelly you cannot do any of the things above.

Oh well:(

Thanks for putting me back on course though, Suma. By the way, I was asking in another thread in this forum (Scripted Rotations) whether it's possible to assign two rotation animations to one selection (so one can have pitch and roll). Any chance of a yes or no on this? At the moment, I can only get one rotation per selection.

Prospero