Sign in to follow this  
loud

Connection problems

Since last night our server is having connection problems.

Some players can connect without a problem and others hang on the first loading screen which shows an overview of Altis.

Untill last night we did not have these errors. Any ideas someone?

I can also see a lot of steam ticket check fails.

In our RPT we get these messages:

21:17:38 NetServer::SendMsg: cannot find channel #1218837737, users.card=19

21:17:38 NetServer: users.get failed when sending to 1218837737

21:17:38 Message not sent - error 0, message ID = ffffffff, to 1218837737 (MrSnavs)

21:19:46 NetServer::SendMsg: cannot find channel #1059157347, users.card=21

21:19:46 NetServer: users.get failed when sending to 1059157347

21:19:46 Message not sent - error 0, message ID = ffffffff, to 1059157347 ([nWo] SKY NL)

Edited by LouD

We are experiencing the same problem in our server and some of our users cant join other different servers. So if anyone know how to help us we will be so grateful.

Other dates are that we are an spanish Arma Community with users from Spain and Latin American countries, and our server is hosted in France.

Regards.

I noticed that if I asked players to shut down arma and steam and then try again they could connect. A lot of steam ticket check fails happend to the same people who couldn't connect. Sometimes also deleting cached pbo's also helped.

Any other server admin experiencing this?

I can see that players do not get their GUID verified. When they can connect correctly it shows verified GUID.

In BEC players get stuck after verifying GUID:

0:51:37 BattlEye Server: Player #12 qqq (62.45.62.137:2304) connected
0:51:37 Player qqq connecting.
0:51:39 BattlEye Server: Player #12 qqq - GUID: 11c4cf2524f179f0ac53037da27111ee (unverified)

I have no idea how to deal with this problem and it's costing me players :(

I was told by several users they fixed theirs connection problems by simple switch of download mirror in steamclient network settings

I was told by several users they fixed theirs connection problems by simple switch of download mirror in steamclient network settings

Thanks for you reply Dwarden. Where can I set this? So I can test.

Don't really know if it's actually steam related. After our server restarted last night no one could connect. Had to restart several times for it to work again.

In the end I changed GuaranteedUpdates to false in the hope that would work.

I have absolutely no idea what is causing this :(

STEAMclient > Settings > Downloads > Download Region

STEAMclient > Settings > Downloads > Download Region

Thanks.

could it be requiredSecureId = 2; that is causing the connection problems? Players, inclusing myself, get stuck (not always) on the first loading screen where it shows the map overview.

In the server console I can see that the guid doesn't get verified.

Changing download region doesn't help for me. But it looks like it's caused by this: http://feedback.arma3.com/view.php?id=21858

My game runs normally and doesn't stop where you say it's caused by. This happens during game time and after a restart.

Must say *knocks on wood* that it hasn't happend sinds last saturday after I changed some settings in the config and basic cfg.