Sign in to follow this  
LOzan

How to Make New Sides (BLUFOR/OPFOR/INDEPENDENT/NEW)

Hey there everyone,

I'm planning out an open-world RPG sort of mission and something I would like to add are various groups all vying for control of Altis. The way I see it now, there can only be three different sides in participating in any given mission, not including civilians. My question is, is there any way to add new sides for a mission so there could be five or six or more groups all fighting each other on one map?

Thanks!

No, only 4 sides possible.. but if you set the unit rating to i.e. -10000, the unit becomes a reneage, ENEMY side.

i dont know if you can make a Renegade's crew.

Maybe with addons

Edited by KoVValsky

...never mind what was here before... :p

Kovvalsky is correct, your just going to have to set the rating of each side.

Edited by JShock

So by setting a bunch of units' ratings very low and making them a group, will they work together to attack anybody else or will they attack each other? This is really to have a "bandits" faction so if it's just roving bands of units trying to kill everything but their squadmates that works for me.

So by setting a bunch of units' ratings very low and making them a group, will they work together to attack anybody else or will they attack each other? This is really to have a "bandits" faction so if it's just roving bands of units trying to kill everything but their squadmates that works for me.

I'm not quite sure what would happen if a bunch of negatively rated units were grouped together, I know for a fact they would attack and be attacked by everyone, but I'm not sure if the "inner" group of them wouldn't attack one another. Only one way to find out :p.

I'm away from my Arma-equipped computer for a while but I guess I'll try it when I get home! Thanks for all the help, everyone.