Sign in to follow this  
miketim

Skin texture for use alongside custom face.

I have made a custom face, and I know how do to all that stuff etc, but I know that you have purple arms when using custom faces, due to lack of a skin texture alongside it.

I went into characters_F and found the paas for skin, such as

hl_white_hairy1

hl_white_hairy2

hl_white_hairy3

There are also a bunch of RVmats, but I figured i only need these files since they have all the skin texture on there, even feet etc.

So, I can edit this and put it as a jpg alongside the face.jpg right, but what do I name this?

Skin.jpg or something????

I don't know what to name it,or if this will even work, but I believe once reading somewhere that you could do the method I have described, honestly I am mostly going off some old memory of this and its really not accurate.

Edited by MikeTim

I really hope you will find a solution, as I was looking for this too. Custom faces are a priority, even before all those mods BI is releasing !!! (As well as optimization and such as someone said but, hey...I don't think is that much work to make custom faces possible !!!!!! @BohemiaInteractive)

I found out on the internet that your workaround should be ok:

I can edit this and put it as a jpg alongside the face.jpg right

but for the body, arms and legs looks like there's a bug which do not permit to apply textures properly. And the community long waited a fix for that.

Try naming it body.jpg and let me know if you found out something new or you just created another Mr. Blue ...

I hope you'll find a workaround ;)

Anyone know if there is a feedback ticket we can vote on for this mr blue bug?

Edit: found it

http://feedback.arma3.com/view.php?id=16715

Only 21 votes, please vote and leave comments on there

This is a simple fix for BI, they just wrote the path wrong on the configs

The ticket is still "new" they havent been bothered to do anything with it

Edited by MikeTim