Sign in to follow this  
rub949

Hostage mission help

Can someone help me get past the hostage mission. I managed to rescue the hostages and then I get wiped out when I attack the next base.

I also tried to use the cheat "iwillbetheone", got desperate.

This cheat doesn't seem to work.

Can someone help on this mission and can someone tell me why this cheat doesn't work.

Thanks

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (rub949 @ Sep. 20 2002,11:57)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Can someone help me get past the hostage mission.  I managed to rescue the hostages and then I get wiped out when I attack the next base.

<span id='postcolor'>

Unfortunatelly there is a bug in this mission - your "backup" forces (the soldier that join you after you release hostages) will not fire at all unless you change their weapons. (I am surprised not many people discovered this bug).

Fortunatelly there is a workaround, a little cumbersome, but working:

- Force each backup soldier (numbers 4 and higher) to pick some magazine or weapon (if you have no additional weapons, tell each one to drop one magazine and pick it up again.)

This bug will be fixed in upcoming patch (the patch should be out soon).

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I also tried to use the cheat "iwillbetheone", got desperate.

This cheat doesn't seem to work.

<span id='postcolor'>

There is no such cheat.

Ok, i'm in the same point of the mission. I manage to rescue the hostages and successfully reach next base. I kill all soldieres in the camp but how can i get rid off the BMP ?? The is no ammocart in the map to get an antitank weapon and the other problem is that soon arrive a T72 and another tank from the south village. The mission doesn't end !! i have to crush the BMP also ?? i have to kill the T72 ?? ... i'm missing something in this mission. Please help smile.gif

The patrols around the hostages have an RPG soldier with them. Scavenge off them.

From memory, I attacked the base from the west - lots of cover and you end up mowing down the enemy as they run from building to building for cover.

As for the two BMPs and T72 - I ordered my guys into the Urals (don't forget the Ural Ammo) and ran away from them to the evac site. I suppose you could hang around to destroy them, but I kept losing too many men in attempting it so I gave up. The mission should finish when you've met all the objectives (ie kill every last soldier at the second camp) and your entire squad is about 200m from the evac point.

As for that bug - I noticed that not all my guys fired if I kept them in formation (didn't know why but didn't think about it; stupid me), but when I told them to engage at will they seemed to handle themselves okay. Although that could just be my imagination...

Hey, I loved that mission! biggrin.gif

Just order your men to stay prone on the hill and give you covering fire onto the base whiel you run amok with grenades-you can take out most of the guards this way with surprising ease, and so long as then try and give your most skilled man an RPG launcher you should finish it with ease.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Suma @ Sep. 20 2002,12:o6)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Unfortunatelly there is a bug in this mission - your "backup" forces (the soldier that join you after you release hostages) will not fire at all unless you change their weapons. (I am surprised not many people discovered this bug).<span id='postcolor'>

Ah-ha... biggrin.gif

It was extra frustrating when all the colleagues would suddenly started shooting again as soon as I got massacred.