Sign in to follow this  
raptor 6 actual

Flag Modeling Question - Not setObjectTexture issue

Hi all,

I was curious as to whether there had been any research done as to creating new flag models, such as penants, guidon flags, or things of the sort? There is also the issue as to how they are animated within O2 and the config values for it. Obviously, the sample models for the flags just show a rectangular box, but nothing really answering the question as to whether a person can take that same functionality and attach it to a car's hood to identify a VIP's vehicle, or whether we can attach it to a guidon staff, or even the lanyard of a ship.

Any help would be helpful and hopefully my 0 search results where true and this isn't a huge waste of time and space in the forums.

Back in OFP, ArmA and ArmA2, there was a proxy in the characters and vehicles models called "proxy:flag" (the same that still remains on the flagpole model i suppose). When the unit became flag owner (setflagowner) from a flagpole (setflagtexture), the flag was transfered from the flagpole to the unit (or to the vehicle in which the unit was), and was visible on the character or vehicle model (animated as if it were on the flagpole). But it seems that now, this proxy isn't included in the models anymore.

Edited by ProfTournesol

Yeah, I remember those proxies back then. I will see what I can do with that avenue and see if the flags will work on things other than the traditional flag pole. I'll report back.