Sign in to follow this  
VALROKOFFICIAL

MCC Merging Problem - "Missing '}'"

So... I am working on a "template mission" acting as a template for our trainings, in my realism unit (read -without any enemies and/or objectives).

Here, I want some details put in (like the placement of each and every H-barrier, pile of garbage etc. This is why I am using both Zeus and MCC to be doing this, through a 3D-editor.

So, after I had placed everything down, and hit "Save SQM" in MCC (saving every placed object in an SQM format), I then proceeded to paste this into an empty mission.sqm file -a thing that I have done countless times.

As it is on the map of Imrali, the folder containing the sqm file had been named "merge.Imrali"; that way I know which one it is.

I then proceeded opening the template mission in the mission editor, which went good; but when it came to merging the template mission, with the "merge"-mission (importing the objects placed through MCC and Zeus), it immediately shut down Arma 3, and prompted me with a warning, stating:

"File C:\Users\(User)\Documents\Arma 3 - Other Profiles\(My Profile)\missions\merge.Imrali\mission.sqm, line 2489:/Mission/:Missing '}'"

Now, the mission with the placed objects can be read here: http://pastebin.com/P08g9mUF

The line 2489 is the last one in the document. AFAIK (and others) there is nothing wrong with the mission at all. I just cannot open it, due to that error; and cannot merge it either.

I have tried putting a "}" in, in the last few lines, but it does not matter -as the editor then just cannot recognize the mission, marking it as unreadable.

The other mission with all of the information, the modules etc. can be read here: http://pastebin.com/NVthLYf5

(this is the base-mission, if you will)

Can ANYONE please help me? :/

Thanks!

Your "Groups" class is not closed. and somehow it's not indented properly.

oSb7bGE.png

Edited by DreadedEntity

Well, I did it, and it does not appear to prompt any error messages.. But nor does the objects appear. It seems like it loads, but just a plain blank map of that island.

I believe that's an unrelated problem. I looked in some of my other mission.sqm's to get an idea of how things are set up, and they all look quite a bit different from what you posted.

I just have never had these kinds of problem with using MCC and Zeus; and saving them as SQM. I honestly have no clue why this would happen; and more importantly, what I should do about it, to have the objects appear. I mean -they are in the file. Why shouldn't hey display?.. -.-

---------- Post added at 21:50 ---------- Previous post was at 21:19 ----------

Thank you for your effort though, DreadedEntity! I really appreciate it. You pretty much found a needle in a pile of needles ;)

I spent the past few hours thinking about this while I worked on a new script and I realized I have no idea why it's not working.