Sign in to follow this  
liamgibs

Buildings visible in Oxygen but not in Arma 3 & Road Problems

Building Problem

Hello! So I am currently working on a map! I was working on a "Military Area". This area included hangar and other buildings.

Now this seems to be only occurring from structures_f_*, structures_f objects work fine!

This is my P:/a3/ folder with all the sources for terrainbuilder to use.

LINK TO IMAGE

I seem to be getting this problem when I add a libary and get this:

LINK TO IMAGE

I have tried "Automatically rename all" & "Ok" but it doesn't fix my problem.

Here is the information when I click on the hangar LINK TO IMAGE

I get error messages saying stuff like "Warning Message: Cannot open object a3\structures_f_ind\airport\hangar_f.p3d"

& When I imported the libary from my P drive i got this error:

Warning Message: Cannot open object structures_f_ind\transmitter_tower\communication_f.p3d

^ Diffrent building, All of the buildings under the pbos listed above to not show in game on custom map.

Anyway on to my road issue.

This is what I do to add roads:

1. Draw Polyline

2. RightClick > Database properties

3. Setup table like follows:

<Polyname>, ID(Int), ORDER(int), _ID(int), _LAYER (text)

NAME 4 1 2 roads

4. Select Polylines export to shapes file under data\roads in my project folder.

Here is my roadslib file:

class RoadTypesLibrary
{
   class Road0001
   {
    order=1;
width = 14;
    mainStrTex      = "a3\roads_f\roads_ae\data\surf_roadtarmac_highway_ca.paa";  // lowercase!
    mainTerTex      = "a3\roads_f\roads_ae\data\surf_roadtarmac_highway_end_ca.paa";
    mainMat         = "a3\roads_f\roads_ae\data\surf_roadtarmac_highway.rvmat";
    map             = "main road";
    AIpathOffset = 3;
   };
   class Road0002
   {
    order=2; 
 width = 10;
    mainStrTex      = "a3\roads_f\roads_ae\data\surf_roadtarmac_main_road_ca.paa";  // lowercase!
    mainTerTex      = "a3\roads_f\roads_ae\data\surf_roadtarmac_main_road_end_ca.paa";
    mainMat         = "a3\roads_f\roads_ae\data\surf_roadtarmac_main_road.rvmat";
    map             = "road";
    AIpathOffset = 2.5;
   };
   class Road0003
   {
    order=3;
 width = 10;
    mainStrTex      = "a3\roads_f\roads_ae\data\surf_roaddirt_road_ca.paa";  // lowercase!
    mainTerTex      = "a3\roads_f\roads_ae\data\surf_roaddirt_road_end_ca.paa";
    mainMat         = "a3\roads_f\roads_ae\data\surf_roaddirt_road.rvmat";
    map             = "track";
    AIpathOffset = 2.5;
   };	
class Road0004
   {
    order=4;
 width = 10;
    mainStrTex      = "a3\roads_f\roads_ae\data\surf_roadconcrete_city_road_ca.paa";  // lowercase!
    mainTerTex      = "a3\roads_f\roads_ae\data\surf_roadconcrete_city_road_end_ca.paa";
    mainMat         = "a3\roads_f\roads_ae\data\surf_roadconcrete_city_road.rvmat";
    AIpathOffset = 2.5;
   };
class Road0005
   {
    order=5;
 width = 7;
    mainStrTex      = "a3\roads_f\roads_ae\data\surf_roaddirt_path_ca.paa";  // lowercase!
    mainTerTex      = "a3\roads_f\roads_ae\data\surf_roaddirt_path_end_ca.paa";
    mainMat         = "a3\roads_f\roads_ae\data\surf_roaddirt_path.rvmat";
    AIpathOffset = 2;	 
   };
};

Is my config or something meant to be linked to that file ^^.

This is what is in my config currentl

newRoadsShape = "\Rockford\data\roads\roads.shp";

When I launch it in Buldozer as well I get "scripts" folder is no longer supported, ingorning "(Just example error message)

Nothing shows ingame either for the roads.

Thanks guys.

Firstly how did you unpack that data into your p drive? Something doesn't look right.

I would suggest grabbing Mikeros arma3p and run that. It will extract all data into your p drive properly.

As for roads the only two cells you actually need are ID(references the class number of the road specified in the roadlib.cfg. So ID 1 = class 0001

And order if you have more that one road. Good for intersecting roads to specify which road is drawn first

Firstly how did you unpack that data into your p drive? Something doesn't look right.

I would suggest grabbing Mikeros arma3p and run that. It will extract all data into your p drive properly.

As for roads the only two cells you actually need are ID(references the class number of the road specified in the roadlib.cfg. So ID 1 = class 0001

And order if you have more that one road. Good for intersecting roads to specify which road is drawn first

I did as you said before! ^^ :) It looks like it didn't really make much of a difference. What .pbo do you use for households? Atm I was using the extracted structures_f_households or what ever.

- Structures_F_ind

- Structures_F_mill

- Structures_F_wrecks

- Structures_F_households

^^ DO NOT WORK

- Structures_F

- Structures_F_epa to Structures_F_epc look to be working fine. I may be using the wrong pbo for the buildings. also I add a libary everytime a use an extracted .pbo so like as follows:

Vegetation

Structure

Industrial

ect ect

Can you try using pboproject for you packing. It will give you a better error report if something is wrong. Which I have a feeling something is not right on your p drive

Can you try using pboproject for you packing. It will give you a better error report if something is wrong. Which I have a feeling something is not right on your p drive

I attempted to use pboproject. Binarize.exe crashed. Is this correct? and can you please attempt to use the Strucures_f_IND on one of your maps.

This is were the Strucures_f_ind is installed: P:\A3\Strucures_f_ind\

I looked at the "$PREFIX$ File; It was pointing to a3\structures_f\ind so I copied it to their. and well it worked! :D

You realize you just stated two different file directories right?

A3\structures_f_ind is not the same as a3\structures_f\ind

Run arma3p.exe and you'll have a properly set up p drive.

You realize you just stated two different file directories right?

A3\structures_f_ind is not the same as a3\structures_f\ind

Run arma3p.exe and you'll have a properly set up p drive.

Yes I know; I fixed it up; its all working now! Anyhow. Now im still having problems with Roads. Any idea? :)

Ok good job! Now pastebin.com your island config and what is the path to your roads folder...the entire path.

Thanks for responding!

Here is my full path to the files. Roadslib.cfg, roads.shp

P:\Rockford\data\roads

Config:

http://pastebin.com/8qypuKqF

Thanks for responding!

Just a side note? Is the roads required to be on a map with northing 20000 and Easting 0 or the other way around? Thanks!

---------- Post added at 22:07 ---------- Previous post was at 21:48 ----------

Hi; I tested 200000.000 and northing to 0 as directed on another page. It is still not visible in Bulldozer nor game.

Ok. Good. Yes it's 200000e 0n

But first things first. Unpack your pbo and make sure your roads shapes are indeed in the pbo.

If not then you need to add .shp,.shx,.cfg,.dbf to your list of files to copy directly in addonbuilder which I am assuming you are using since you say pboproject doesn't work.

Side note. I would stress that you try and figure out why pboproject is not working. I can't stress this enough *it's a better program*. I am a huge advocate for anything made by mikero. Whatever he makes you can rest assured it's better. That being said try that and see what happens

[/color]

Ok. Good. Yes it's 200000e 0n

But first things first. Unpack your pbo and make sure your roads shapes are indeed in the pbo.

If not then you need to add .shp,.shx,.cfg,.dbf to your list of files to copy directly in addonbuilder which I am assuming you are using since you say pboproject doesn't work.

Side note. I would stress that you try and figure out why pboproject is not working. I can't stress this enough *it's a better program*. I am a huge advocate for anything made by mikero. Whatever he makes you can rest assured it's better. That being said try that and see what happens

Hi;

Its definitely in the .pbo! PboProject crashes because binarize.exe crashes! Im little unsure why!

I got roads working! Found out I was using the wrong / instead of \ or the other way around! Haha

Where exactly you had a problem with the "/" and "\"? I have the same problem. The Bulldozer can see the road, but the game did not see any.

Where exactly you had a problem with the "/" and "\"? I have the same problem. The Bulldozer can see the road, but the game did not see any.

Hi; I haven't been working on it; I noticed it wasn't really got around to putting it in game. Appearntly what is wrong is weird you are pointing your roads file in your config Try this if you think it is okay;

For instant;

"Test/data/roads/ect ect" to "Test\data\roads\ect ect" :)