Sign in to follow this  
DeaDMeaT

Complete structure tutorial

Can someone please make a tutorial / walkthrough to make one of each type of model (static, air,flora,soldier,etc)

When i say start to finish i mean have a tutorial that shows how to make each model then set up there corosponding LODs and then finally texture it, also pointing out any useful hints in construction models of that type along the way. As a new user to Oxygen im quite surprised at the lack of good documentation on this program, I have had a go at trying to use Oxygen but i have found that the tutorials out there (How to create Cube, M16) have things in them that Oxygen Lite cant do, eg Extrude. It would be good if we could have either the documentaion that the mod makers got for there copies of Oxygen or we get some new documentation, this isnt a flame, far from it, i just would like to see some documentation that walks you through the construction of models.

It would improve the quality of models being produced and therefore addons being produced, and in the long run would improve gameplay due to the increase in quality of the units being used and seen in this wonderful game engine.

Thanx for releasing Oxygen BIS but can we have some documentation made for the people that are starting out with it....

Thanx

'documentation the modmakers got'

Lol, you've seen it all. Bis have said that there will be NO documentation because there is currently none written.

They will release type models in the future though.

What we do have is read access to the Oxygen sections of the breath forums. With this I was able to make a beach buggy, badly texture it and put it in game. My first ever experience with a modelling program.

To quote a TV series... the truth is out there...

I d/l an addon that the mod community had made and saw which resolution LODs were there, what things were in the memory LOD etc.

Zwadar (spelling?) has also got a great web site out detailing much information.

We are bathed in information and have experienced O2 users amongst us. They are currently piecing a FAQ together in the Oxygen FAQ forum as well.

Things are not too bad for us, and I am not attacking you or your sentiments. The first time I loaded up O2 (about 48 hours ago) I thought this is over my head. Just stick with it.

Good modelling... smile.gif