Sign in to follow this  
Makkou

Trying to make 12 units with a leader to get in 4 tanks

So, I making a mission where I get a order to ambush the enemies.

I trying make all 12 crew to get in t-72 from leader's command, but it seems I don't know how.

Is there is certain script that will make it work?

You have to name each unit and vehicle in the editor and assign each individual unit to their vehicle and position:

unit1 assignAsCommander T72_1

unit2 assignAsCommander T72_2

unit3 assignAsCommander T72_3

unit4 assignasGunner T72_1

unit5 assignasGunner T72_2

unit6 assignasGunner T72_3

and so on...

You can write this in the Init.sqs of your mission folder. When you use the waypoint "Get In" with the squad leader, each unit should board their assigned vehicle and position.

You could also try splitting the group into 4 separate groups of 3, and give each group a variable group name:

group1 = group unit1

group2 = group unit4

and so on...

Then assign each group to a vehicle:

group1= crew T72_1

group2= crew T72_2

group3= crew T72_3

group4= crew T72_4

Again, when you use the waypoint "Get In" with the squad leaders, they should board their assigned vehicles. After that, you could use the "Join" waypoint, synchronized with a "Join and Lead" waypont, to merge the 4 groups into 1.

I hope you understood all that, I'm not an expert in scripting, but I've run into the same problem myself, and there is no easy way of doing it.

You have to name each unit and vehicle in the editor and assign each individual unit to their vehicle and position:

unit1 assignAsCommander T72_1

unit2 assignAsCommander T72_2

unit3 assignAsCommander T72_3

unit4 assignasGunner T72_1

unit5 assignasGunner T72_2

unit6 assignasGunner T72_3

and so on...

You can write this in the Init.sqs of your mission folder. When you use the waypoint "Get In" with the squad leader, each unit should board their assigned vehicle and position.

You could also try splitting the group into 4 separate groups of 3, and give each group a variable group name:

group1 = group unit1

group2 = group unit4

and so on...

Then assign each group to a vehicle:

group1= crew T72_1

group2= crew T72_2

group3= crew T72_3

group4= crew T72_4

Again, when you use the waypoint "Get In" with the squad leaders, they should board their assigned vehicles. After that, you could use the "Join" waypoint, synchronized with a "Join and Lead" waypont, to merge the 4 groups into 1.

I hope you understood all that, I'm not an expert in scripting, but I've run into the same problem myself, and there is no easy way of doing it.

How exactly I should assign them in the Init.sqs? I know changing the mission.sqs to document text, is it right? Then placing the command, but Could you explain it more in detail and how?