Sign in to follow this  
miketim

Terrible sound when crashing, loud static and pop and crackle, happening again

I used to get this super loud static and pop and crackle in sound when I crashed a helicopter about 50% of the time, and I didnt notice it recently, but then I crashed a heli the day before yesterday and boom , my ears are killed by this damn sound.

This is a serious issue, I can't pilot helicopters anymore because this shit fucking hurts my eardrums.

My headphones are fine, my soundcard is fine, my volume IS NOT super loud, I play on a quite low volume compared to others, and nothing is wrong with my ears and I am not imagining this shit like some crazy person:yay:

The problem here IS THE GAME, arma 3.

Crash a heli, BOOM ear destroyed sound its fucking atrocious.

I will see if I can record this on fraps in a few min to post here.

Anyway, the game should not have a terrible audio glitch going on like this, especially that its continued for this long and never been fixed.

I believe I posted this like half a year ago in another thread but its come back (or I just re noticed it) (protip: i dont usually fly helis)

this sound is just not something I can deal with, I can no longer pilot helis and I am not sure what to do..

Feedback ticket I found some other guy made:

http://feedback.arma3.com/view.php?id=19735

he describes it as beeping, I dont get "beeping" but mine is only in first person.

I use sennheiser pc 350 se headeset (not that it matters, its the game.. but you guys will ask)

and my soundcard is a xonar DSX

I believe I have soundsamples in options on like 128 but IIRC it makes no difference in this glitch.

Here is my old post, which got one response and then no one had responded again back to me about it:

Hey guys.

This glitch where I crash my helicopter, and in first person it makes this terrible glitchy sound, no way its what its really supposed to be the real sound.

It only happens in first person, it happened to me about 4 times, on the arma 2 map Celle 2. (using a3mp)

It happened to me twice today when crashing into trees, ok so you might suggest its the fault of the map, maybe some material sound was defined wrong.

Nope.

2 of the times I crashed it was in a little bird, and it hit a ArmA 3 prop each of those 2 times (once a "dirt hump (small)" and once a white factory building (from altis)"

the other 2 times, I was in the aaf heli, the one that is a ch49 or whatever (the weird chinook variant), and I hit trees in the map, it happened once by accident, but wasn't too loud. I recognized it and tried to repeat, I crashed into a tree (Not that it matters, but the same model) and it made the sound again, because it asploded my eardrums *ouch*,

I quickly changed to thirdperson, once in thirdperson the glitch sound ended and the regular explosion one was there, switching back into first person quickly, I heard the static shit fading away (ie: it was still the sound from firstperson when I went back).

This happens randomly and makes me afraid sometimes to crash helis

I really don't know why, all audio works fine besides this one sound ingame, and on my computer, I played a song from Okean Elzy right after that static shit experience, and it sounded just fine

This is really odd, its not like the same static I get from firing cannons of some a-10 when my fps drops to 10 lol, this is really LOUD *ouch* static, this is some type of glitch.

Thanks if you can help, I wonder if anyone experienced this.

Its very specific in terms of its scope, I hope this gets resolved in some sense.

Just fyi even tho that post makes it sound specific, its really not, currently if I crash anything on altis or stratis or whatever it just goes boom and makes that damn noise.

Edited by MikeTim

This has become an issue yet again since they updated the Helicopter sounds with that last patch, at certain angles and when a lot of choppers are near by there is crackling and audio clipping(result of poor audio mastering) and it's quite immersion breaking and as you said painful.