Sign in to follow this  
Ranger_RG

Custom trees moving on ground in the wind. Pls help

Hi i am trying to fix trees in Ziwasogo map http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?172251-N-Ziwasogo-A3-terrain-(Released) . Everything goes well but when i debinarize p3d of tree something broke in tree model and tree start moving on ground in wind. I dont know how to fix it. Pls help. I already tried to change class in geometry in object buildier from "treehard" to "tree" but it completely kill tree animation in wind and make them look unnatural. Pls help i really want to fix that trees.

Do you have permission to debinarize the trees? If yes you could as well have asked for the unbinarized source model ... If no, bye.

Do you have permission to debinarize the trees? If yes you could as well have asked for the unbinarized source model ... If no, bye.

Thx i think i figured out how to fix it. I though that changing the center off mass will help, but it fails, so i just changed the offest of model... About your question. I understand why devs binarize their addons, but i just want to make that addon better, i just want make people happy, i am not going to make any money. So i did what i did. And i think its pure evil to forbid people to make something better if they dont make money on this. So the anser is NO, i didnt ask permisison becouse author of that trees didnt update his trees for years!

What can I do with content made by other users?

You must respect the copyright of other people, not just Bohemia Interactive, if it infringes someone else’s rights then you can’t do it. Usually there is a clear license included with each work. If there is no clear license, you are simply not authorized to use it. Just because something is available for download doesn't mean that you can freely use it.

http://www.bistudio.com/english/community/game-content-usage-rules

Edited by Fennek

If you talk this way i suppose you have licensed MS Windows, licensed MS Office, all programs that insatlled on your pc you bought, you never downloaded movies, never downloading music, never played cracked games, never ever used torrents for any purpose. If so i think you have right to teach me about what you trying to teach me. Anyway i am absolutely sure that if author publish his addon for free and didnt update it since 2011 (almost four years) he doesnt care about his addon at all. If he does i hope he will be glad that someone continues his job!

How can you be sure if you never even attempted to ask him? These are the rules, and if you straight up ignore them your stay here won't last long. Your motivations to repair the trees are not "evil" (as opposed to some other dudes lurking around here), but the rules still have to be adhered if you intent to release modifications of someone else's work. It's mainly about respect for the creator who did all the hard work.

Edited by Fennek