Sign in to follow this  
zr_hazem

No servers showing in list

Hello,

So a friend of mine just gave me Arma 2 OA as a gift on steam and when i open it and try to search for any servers i find the list empty,i tried to make the filter settings on default but still nothing and tried to make a new profile on the main menu.Though i noticed that GameSpy was shutdown and patch 1.63 is released to allow players to play MP although Gamespy was shutdown I downloaded it but nothing too.

Thanks in advance.

Do you have the latest update?

Arma2 was using Gamespy for searching for servers in previous versions in latest update they changed it to steam search.

So check if your Arma 2 OA is At version 1.63.

DO NOT USE ARMA 2 OA BETA

Do you have the latest update?

Arma2 was using Gamespy for searching for servers in previous versions in latest update they changed it to steam search.

So check if your Arma 2 OA is At version 1.63.

DO NOT USE ARMA 2 OA BETA

Thanks for replying,

So i found this method to connect to servershttp://faq.bistudio.com/arma-2-operation-arrowhead/multiplayer#collapse135 it works but im wondering if theres a way to search for servers inside the game itself using the ingame server browser.

A question : is the patch name > A2CO_ACR_LITE.exe and is 108MB? Because im not sure if its that one i downloaded this one too > ARMA2_OA_Build_112555.zip and installed both of them.

And I didnt use Arma 2 OA Beta

A2CO ACR lit is usefull of course, but you need this patch: 1.63

Just rightclick on arma2OA in your steam library, choose the most bottom thing from the menu that will popup, (its settings or properties or something like that) a window will appear. In taht window search the tabs untill you find tab in wich you will see option to choose betaversion of the game, and chooze "non". and set your game to be updated automaticaly. You can try to restart steam as admin afterwards just to be sure. this should solwe your problem.

Good night.

A2CO ACR lit is usefull of course, but you need this patch: 1.63

Just rightclick on arma2OA in your steam library, choose the most bottom thing from the menu that will popup, (its settings or properties or something like that) a window will appear. In taht window search the tabs untill you find tab in wich you will see option to choose betaversion of the game, and chooze "non". and set your game to be updated automaticaly. You can try to restart steam as admin afterwards just to be sure. this should solwe your problem.

Good night.

Okay so i made what u said but still nothing in server list,i can connect to servers thru remote option but when in server list nothing appears.

Read this thread

If that wont help, then i dont know.

Read this thread

If that wont help, then i dont know.

Well I am using an external server browser like gametracker anyways thanks for your help really appreciated :D