Sign in to follow this  
DestroyerX

Minimum system requirements

I think they are almost the same as Operation Flashpoint. Hey, don't worry. I can run Operation Flashpoint "normal" at a PIII 450 mhz. (We don't talk about the graphics tounge.gif ) smile.gif

P3? wauh what a fast machine! wink.gif

I'm playing the normal OFP on a P2 400 mHz, 256 mb ram, 32 mb Geforce2.

and in a:

PIII 1G

512 RAM

Geforce 3 Ti200

Sound Blaster X-Gamer Live 5.1

Windows XP Professional

Resistance will run fine in this PC ?

yes Kasatka.

From information around media annouceents, minimum sys req is same as OFP.

But RECOMMENDED system is 733mhz and above, with 3d-capable graphics card, 128mb ram.

I have a 750mhz, G2 Ti 600mb ram and it runs quite good. Not great, a little lag in the towns and in active areas but overall not bad. Better than I'd expected. The campaign is also very playable too.

I can run the maps on the terrain detail VERY HIGH (as seen in satchel's pics) with virtually no FPS loss whatsoever in HW T&L. Any one else have this? I expected it to be unplayable with very high terrain detail but it's not in HW T&L. It is D3d and Glide though, not that I'm complaining of course.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Heinrich @ June 28 2002,02:04)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I have a 750mhz, G2 Ti 600mb ram and it runs quite good. Not great, a little lag in the towns and in active areas but overall not bad. Better than I'd expected. The campaign is also very playable too.

I can run the maps on the terrain detail VERY HIGH (as seen in satchel's pics) with virtually no FPS loss whatsoever in HW T&L. Any one else have this? I expected it to be unplayable with very high terrain detail but it's not in HW T&L. It is D3d and Glide though, not that I'm complaining of course.<span id='postcolor'>

Are you talking about Resistance?

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Jaeger @ June 28 2002,23:16)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">P3? wauh what a fast machine! wink.gif

I'm playing the normal OFP on a P2 400 mHz, 256 mb ram, 32 mb Geforce2.<span id='postcolor'>

At least you have a good Grahpics Card. smile.gif I have to set my view distance, etc..., less to get a good running game. Anyway, I always loved the atmospheer in OFP. smile.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">and in a:

PIII 1G

512 RAM

Geforce 3 Ti200

Sound Blaster X-Gamer Live 5.1

Windows XP Professional

Resistance will run fine in this PC ? <span id='postcolor'>

What's that for stupid question? tounge.gif

You can run OFP:R on a 700MHz and 128MB Ram, but i won´t look anything like it´s meant to be- you even might end up having to choose lower settings than you used to with the original Flashpoint.

I think minimum and "recommended" system requirements as stated by CM are rather unrealistic.

I did some monitoring of OFP:R RAM request with no unofficial addons installed; Terrain setting :High Detail, Viewdistance: 500, Image Quality: 11...23.

OFP Preferences Texture res. set to 512x512 for all items.

Just after starting up Nogova in the Editor with a single unit placed, it takes up 213MB in preview mode. Adding just a couple of vehicles and soldiers it went up to 241MB.

Keep in mind that Windows too takes a chunk of your memory, as do other background tasks you can´t simply turn off.

So make sure you have more than just 256MB RAM installed, even if the rest of your system is top notch, a low amount of ram will certainly give you a choppy OFP:R experience.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Satchel @ June 29 2002,15:26)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">You can run OFP:R on a 700MHz and 128MB Ram, but i won´t look anything like it´s meant to be- you even might end up having to choose lower settings than you used to with the original Flashpoint.

I think minimum and "recommended" system requirements as stated by CM are rather unrealistic.

I did some monitoring of OFP:R RAM request with no unofficial addons installed; Terrain setting :High Detail, Viewdistance: 500, Image Quality: 11...23.

OFP Preferences Texture res. set to 512x512 for all items.

Just after starting up Nogova in the Editor with a single unit placed, it takes up 213MB in preview mode. Adding just a couple of vehicles and soldiers it went up to 241MB.

Keep in mind that Windows too takes a chunk of your memory, as do other background tasks you can´t simply turn off.

So make sure you have more than just 256MB RAM installed, even if the rest of your system is top notch, a low amount of ram will certainly give you a choppy OFP:R experience.<span id='postcolor'>

is 650mb ram, @ 133mhz any good?

Guess with 512MB you shouldn´t experience any problems, with 384MB i can run OFP:R fine for most parts with settings that were decribed in the screenshots thread.

So my suggestion is that you donate the 138 MB that are "uber" on your system to people really needing it! tounge.gif

my specs are

p3 850mhz (Dont laugh)

640mb ram @133mhz

geforce 3 ti 5oo

Windows XP, so i guess winxp will take the extra ram for itself..

Oh,, and for some reason turning the shadow LOD upto 0.400 game my game MASSIVE performance increase and Graphics are better than ever, Also I use 2X FSAA.

A well defraged 20 gig harddrive as well.

I run OFP on

800mhz

256ram

Nivdia riva tnt2 31.5 mb

Will this run resistance? Even if I have to have the settings a little lower I do not mind. What would be a good suggestion on upgrading my pc?

That will run ofp:r yes. A faster processor will probably increase performance the most.

edit: A better gfx card would be essential too.

can I run ofp:r on my 733 mhz 128 mbram with a riva tnt 2?? if I fix 512 mbram and a geforce 3, can I run ofp:r??

U guys, I believe that it is possible running the game with all the stated system. The ofp engine is very flexible, the only question is that will u be ablt to run smooth with all bells and whistles. Well I can tell u that u will have to play around with the settings to see what suits you.