Sign in to follow this  
lev

PiP Flickering SLI problem

Hi guys,

It has been a while and it appears the problem is still there. Recently, I've re-enabled SLI mode on my GTX 690 and the PiP flickering is still an issue. Has anyone had any luck fixing this?

Things I have tried:

-turned my mobo to PCI3 instead of PCI2 mode (this has fixed an issue for me where SLI mode was actually reducing my frame rate)

-used nvidia control panel to force multi-GPU rendering mode to alternate frame rendering 2, 1 and single GPU mode

-used nvidia control panel to set multi-display/mixed GPU acceleration to single display performance mode, compatibility, multi display performance mode

It's specific to certain vehicles in the game...

You should stop messing with your PC, its the game / BIS, not your PC.

..Check out the hummingbird's mirrors or the unarmed hunter, those work fine (without flickering)

Because of this, we can say see evidence that they are working ingame currently, it's just 99% of the vehicles mirrors have been implemented differently, resulting in the seizure inducing effect...

..Personally i get it on the editor screen too, there's a small strip on which the new/load/save/preview button is located, flickers too...

Don't expect a fix anytime soon, they confirmed recently they were looking into it and fixing it... But i'll believe that when i see it.

It's been reported since back in alpha i think [over a year now] -- but i guess none of the PCs at Bohemia's studio have SLI, so it's just been ignored.

http://feedback.arma3.com/view.php?id=436

Every few months i come back to check to see if the medley of problems that make this game laughably frustrating are fixed,

every few -- nothing...

Guess the time that could've been spent remodelling/texturing the mirrors was better spent making the highly-requested and ever-useful tactical go-kart.

More love to this issue please before whoring out more pip-featuring DLC would be awesome...

...What really worries is there is a suggestion to use the PIP feature for rendering zoomed-in scopes.

I just hope this never gets considered, as currently the pip feature is not working for SLI users and the level of 'support' is a joke.

Come on guys, its obviously not an impossible issue to fix... Some of them work.

Jesus just hotfix / patch the rest of the mirrors to use the same technique as the hunter unarmed please.

Yes, it will take you time... But its broken and it needs fixed.

Thanks for failing to read.

This is not an nvidia specific problem.

Oh no, i'm on his ignore list. [the guy who cant read anyway]

Thanks for the bump.