Sign in to follow this  
Captain_Crunch

Freezes at loading ; during game

Hi.

Seems being able to create a post is time delayed so here's my main problem:

Problem sometimes happens at load-in from first boot of program, sometimes after many minutes(10-60). On load, I join a server, select a team, click continue and it gets to the last 90% and freezes. I believe i've seen a 'program has stopped working' prompt appear once in this scenario, but i've had it a few times but more rarely than following:

Playing Arma3, mainly on SC(KotH) maps. I'll be running mostly fine with hiccups around here and there, but then suddenly i get a few looping sounds / shuttered sounds, as well as shuttered frames then a solid freeze after maybe a few seconds of symptoms starting. Screen freezes and does not load after waiting 30min. Alt Tab and Alt F4 produce no joy. Opening Task Manager brings up task manager as well as item in background saying Arma3 has stopped working.

Selection:

check for solution and close program

close program

I tried checksol and close once, it ran a check and then the check closed, no confirmation or feedback given and problems persist.

I've also noticed the problems tend to be sporatic in groups. It won't happen for a while then will happen relatively frequently on successive tries. I've just had a string of 4 in 5minutes.

*MORE INFORMATION*

Problem signature:

Problem Event Name: BEX

Application Name: arma3.exe

Application Version: 1.24.125.979

Application Timestamp: 53bea38c

Fault Module Name: StackHash_0a9e

Fault Module Version: 0.0.0.0

Fault Module Timestamp: 00000000

Exception Offset: 00000007

Exception Code: c0000005

Exception Data: 00000008

OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.768.3

Locale ID: 3081

Additional Information 1: 0a9e

Additional Information 2: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789

Additional Information 3: 0a9e

Additional Information 4: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789

My specs:

NVidia GF 670GTX ver 340.52

16GB ddr3 ram dual chanel 2x8GB

i7 3770K @ 3.5GHz

Run from SATA HDD.

win 7 x64

Can call up a more comprehensive hardware list if needed.

I was told by flying penguin:

@Captain Crunch, if it says 'Arma has stopped working' and gives you options to wait or close program, just dont click anything. It will return back to game if you give it time. You can minimize this issue by using the '-malloc=system' launch option. but i don't know what this does, or where it needs to go. Are you talking about exe properties command or in-game console or something?

Have been asked in game if it's a clock issue and i'm not Overclocking, and only 1 GPU (no SLI).

Any help or direction would be great guys or gals.

2113 froze the second i clicked continue on team selection, 5th in 7min.

2116 froze upon load in. Thats 6th. Not even worth trying. It just doesn't want me to play it.

Edited by Captain_Crunch

Ok, basic time. Im going to assume you launch Arma 3 with steam. If you use something else, it may be different.

• Now, when in your steam library, right click Arma 3 and select properties.
  • Then, select the button 'set launch options'
  • in the dialog box that pops open, type
  • -malloc=system

• Then click Ok

Now when you launch Arma3 via steam, the launch option will be applied and hopefully it will alleviate your issue.

Sweet, thanks for the clarification. Wasn't sure if it was a console command or other and you cleared that right up.

I've actually been loading from shortcut off desktop to be honest.

Is this koshur in that I wont' get the gaze of Sauron from BattleEye?

Thanks,

Not having issues any more and did input code as directed, but not sure if patch or your help came first.

cheers for now :)