Sign in to follow this  
Hud Dorph

Why are serverlog little informative ?

I am wondering why the serverlog are so little informative.

As an example:

21:03:27 Goofy uses modified data file

21:03:27 BattlEye Server: Player #1 Goofy (xx.xx.xxx.xxx:2304) connected

21:03:27 Player Goofy connecting.

21:03:28 BattlEye Server: Player #1 Goofy - GUID: xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx (unverified)

21:03:29 Player Goofy connected (id=xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx).

21:03:29 BattlEye Server: Verified GUID (xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx) of player #1 Goofy

21:03:29 Player Goofy disconnected.

Now my server kicked him for some reason ? Why am i as a server operator not given any clue what so ever

on why this player was kicked ?

My guess are that this user have some mod installed that my server do not have a signed key for.

But thats just a guess in the wild. Why do my serverlog not show why this user was kicked ??

If the serverlog would show the info as to why he was kicked, it would give me some good info

about what mods people would like to use, and i could allow them on the server if i find then apropriate

for the type of game running on my server.

Isnt it right that this info was given in the serverlog back in arma2 ?

Does any know of any server-mod that could gove this kind of info ?

@Dorph:

i 100% agree with you! this is my major problem with the arma 3 server. i run it on linux and the same situation is happening on the linux server. people aren't able to connect and i have no idea why.

you're also correct in that arma 2 servers were far more chatty and gave out much more information, specifically they DID show you the particular mod problem that users who couldn't connect were having.

i really really really hope that the devs put more chatty logs back into the arma 3 server.

disappointed....

Limey