Sign in to follow this  
dar

ArmA 2 CO Server not listed

Hey comunity,

I mentioned this in several threads already, but I just need a solution to this and I need it soon because it keeps preventing me and my friends from playing arma 2. And that annoys me.

A while ago, Gamespy shut down. I had some problems hosting servers that time. I managed to solve these. Now a few days ago, something happened. I don't know what it is.

But since then, every server I launch, no matter if ingame or dedicated, TADST 2.4 or 2.6, Arma 2 CO or Arma 3, no matter if v1.62 or v1.63, no matter if beta patch or not, no matter with or without addons - will simply not show up in the internet server browser of my friends as it did before. Servers they launch also won't show up to me.

It seems like something broke the whole server listing system. For us only, because we can see numerous public servers around.

So I already did this to solve the problem:

- I went to my speedport config site and added a network rule for my Computer forwarding the ports

2300, 2301, 2302, 2303, 2305, 8766, 27016

- I went to my Firewall config and set incoming and outgoing rules for all this ports.

- I added an exception in my Firewall for all arma executables.

- I added an exception in my Anti Virus System for the whole Arma Folder.

- I tried to host with disabled firewall and with disabled Anti Virus.

All that had no effect.

I'm really out of options. Any idea? I'm getting mad about this.

2 Weeks ago everything worked fine.

My PC is directly connected to my Router via LAN. No Switch, No Wireless.

---------- Post added at 09:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:48 PM ----------

EDIT: Suprisingly, nearly every time I post a probelm like this, an hour later I'll find a solution.

For everybody having this problem and I know, there are some: This is not really a solution. More of a workaround.

Find out your IP. There are webpages that tell it to you. Just google it. Anybody who wants to join that server now has to remote connect to that IP.

This my sound obvious. Somehow it was the last thing coming to my mind. Facepalm infront of a mirror right now.

Edited by Dar

Yeah well,this is a workaround,yes,but to attract a lot of people you would need to somehow get it into the Serverbrowser.I saw a topic about that regarding Arma3.I wonder if the same applys to the ArmA 2 servers

edit: it works if you open ports 2300,2301 and 2302 UDP on your router (and link them to your hosting pc`s ip)

Edited by ufopilot

Yeah well,this is a workaround,yes,but to attract a lot of people you would need to somehow get it into the Serverbrowser.I saw a topic about that regarding Arma3.I wonder if the same applys to the ArmA 2 servers

edit: it works if you open ports 2300,2301 and 2302 UDP on your router (and link them to your hosting pc`s ip)

Based on my experience, the default the ports (all UDP) for the dedicated server are 2302, 2304, 8766, and 27016 (27018 for a listen server). You can change them in the config but i don't usually.