Sign in to follow this  
Spamafia

Arma 2 OA: Download on Steam and when finished it deletes itself

So basically I've been having a multitude of problems with my Arma 2 OA. For some reason my Arma 2 OA deleted itself from my steam. So naturally I reinstalled it. When it deleted itself again, I also reinstalled it. It then kept deleting itself over and over. I was wondering if anyone can help me with this problem! Thanks for looking!

I'd like to second this, as I am having the exact same problem. Running STEAM as Administrator, as well as doing a few regedit tweaks that were recommended, did not solve the problem.

Have you checked your VS quarantine files? Could be that where some VS are extracting BE from the download to quarantine, other VS are quarantining the entire download. Just a guess, trying to help.

Which virus scanning (VS) software are you using? Someone who uses the same may be able to respond whether they experience the same issue.

Whether or not this is the issue I don't know, I'm just hazarding a guess based on my experience with McAfee. The Real Time Scanning (RTS) kept quarantining BE during download, install and first launch. Had to turn RTS off to get everything installed, and after that RTS wasn't a problem. But then scheduled scans kept quarantining BE daily (hasn't happened the last couple of days, so maybe it's finally resolved).

But my thought is that different VS engines work different ways and maybe some don't extract BE from the download package as I encountered, but instead quarantine the entire downloaded package. What I was suggesting was look in the quarantine area for whichever VS you're running and see if it was tossed in there.

But again, it's only a guess.

Problem resolved. I deleted the OA folder from SteamApps\Common, and installed fresh. It downloaded properly afterwards.