Sign in to follow this  
Darfiss

Where do i start with the tools/tutorials and stuff?!

hey people,

ive got a mayor problem to find the ressources on ''how to's'' for the arma3tools.

so i might first explain what i wanna do.

i want to make a map, with a city bla bla bla, but first i wanted to do some basic stuff to know how to work with the tools like:

create a empty map, just to get all the stuff working and experiment a bit.

after i looked trough the wiki and desperatly looked for the visitor 3 app, i found out if you downloaded the steam version of the tools there is no visitor 3!

another hour went by and i believe to know the terrain builder is the new visitor!

in the tutorials i found they talked about visitor, the little problem is that visitor seems slightly different to the terrain builder.

the main problem i have is that the most tutorials are for older versions, and some things dont work out, like

get this tool copy this file there, but the tool has a different name or doesent exist( like the realtime viewer?!), and so the directory is different, or doesent exist

so my question is!

are there proper tutorials for the tools delivered via steam for arma 3?!

if yes

where do i find them?!?!?!

if no

do i have to geht arma 2, use the old tools, make a mod for arma 2 and port it to arma 3?!

i hope you gys can help me ...

The thing is, a bunch of the old instructions do work for Arma 3, you do not need to use the older tools. Heck, here for example are modeling tool instructions still usable for A3 (although I'd add the *.rvmat format to that list).

thx for ya'll help

i made my way trough a few tut's, gathered the infos and stitched it together some how ^^'