Sign in to follow this  
Hatsumi

Mission help needed "occupation"

Ok, I am on mission "Occupation" where you attack two bases, and you have tank support for the 2nd base. I have cleared the base of soldiers, called in the tanks and then killed the soldiers that come from the north using the M2 machine gun posts.

Then, nothing. I have waited 5 mins with time at 4x for an attack and nothing. I have looked around the area in a BMP and found to the North there are 2xBMPs 1xT72 and 1xT80. now then my idiot squad which (by Then) where almost all armed with RPG's, but if you order an attack on the tanks, the tanks engage soldiers from extreme range, and my troops won't fire rockets until they are standing in front of the tanks almost.

Have I missed something?

Hats

the mission should end when you take out the tanks that come from the left (if your facing the town), if not make sure all your men are in the town and destroy the empty BMPSs and tanks you can find in the town, also put all your men in tanks, I had no pobs with this one so im just thinking about stuff it might be, hope it helps

Ok how strange is this.

I tried the mission again, jumped in the BMP and drove north to try and take out the nme tanks near coast line and the mission ended complete!!!!! I did nothing different cos I was starting from the same savepoint I made after clearing the base. confused.gif

It all makes sense now!

It's an mission error (pathfinding! )

csm was right (destroy the tanks) but those tanks (actually 2 BMP's! ) did never arrive at the base. If they would, and be destroyed, the mission will end.

--

In my case, I followed the direction, Hatsumi gave and left the base to the north up into the hills. Hey and then I discovered *another* tankplatoon sitting right at the house,

where you first grabbed your shotgun smile.gif

(west of Dolina)

But also, there were the 2 BMP's *stuck* at the hill, trying to get to that base, assumable. When I shot them both, voila, mission complete!

--

So, apparently, only few people encounter this 'bug'

Sometimes the BMP's will find the correct path, sometimes not.

If you do *not* encounter 2 attacking BMP's during this mission, just clean the base, then move North towards Dolina.

You will find them there, stuck on the hill.

--

@naw

When you reach (each of) the mission 'boundaries' (some invincible border by the missions creator) you will receive an message

(Your character is talking to himself: 'Damn, where am I going. I should check my map...' )

When you are receiving this message, you have left the misson area and you will blow up very soon, if you move on.

(I think, it serves as kind of help to keep you on track of the mission;..personally I do not like the feature)

--

And the tanks you have blown up are *not* the ones you need to blow up. You must check your map for the village 'Dolina'. Exactly west from that village is a winding road up to a single house and a barn very near. There my 2 BMP's stuck. Caution; there is an tank platoon as well.. smile.gif

I have now destroyed two groups of 1 BMP, 1 T72 and 1 T80, one NE from the base and another N (near Dolina), still it doesn't end. I assume it might have something to do with the fact that the game doesn't think I have even attacked the base yet.

Sigh, I've done this now 4 times, always reverting the campaign and never, not even once, has the game registered that I have even attacked the damn base.

//Naw

Cheers troop smile.gif

That was driving me mad, found the BMPs and the mission ended. Woohoo, didn't want to lose my Vets.

Ah, this explains it!

Same problem here... I had to download the completed campaign "Resistance.sqm" file from the Avon Lady Site and revert to the next mission so I could keep on going with the campaign.

I could have sworn that I heard some engine sounds from the north, so I figured that the AI must have gotten stuck or something, but I was too bored with the mission at that point to make an effort to find it. Finally the truth emerges.

You're bumping this because?

I have tried the mission 6 times. But I can't take out all the soldiers in the second base, what am I doing wrong?

I did manage to kill all one time but I did not know so i waited in the hill and then the bmp's and the 2 squads came and I had not a chance because my two men I had left was out of ammo and the two support tanks was destroyed. How do you take the second base with 8 men?

I finally passed this mission last night. Equipped myself and 2 other squadmembers with Dragunovs, 2 with RPG's and the rest with PK's. I snuck up on the ridge southwest of the base and started picking the enemies down. As they come running towards the ridge my machinegunners mowed them down. Once the base was apparently clean I sent in the tanks which is when 2-3 BMP's arrive with reinforcements. The armoured squad picked off 2 and the last one was blown up by one of my men (never even saw it blowing up). Then it just was a matter of mopping up the remaining enemies.

biggrin.gif Alright! I finally did it! First I sent all my teammates to the house to get themselves killed. Then I went in and finished up the rest of the enemies. Then I went completely around the forest to the north and perched myself on the northern hill. First I sniped the M2s then the sniper and everyone else I could see until I ran out of ammo. Then I went back to the house and filled up my mags then I went around to the southern forest and shot everyone I could see from there. Then I went back to the house and got more ammo and went around to the northern hill again. By then the 2 BMPs and 2 squads showed up. When the action started I was shooting at the rest of the troops, trying to get the LAW guys first. After everything cooled down I went to the western forest and to the western hill. There I saw a guy who was hiding and shot him to end the mission.

all in all 55 kills and a score of 52,640. not bad wink.gif

Oh yeah, not that anyone here cares but I had to boast my success somewhere.

I have just survived the first part, have 7 men left. This mission is rather... challenging (vet mode).

I am SO mad at myself for not paying enough attention all the time. As we closed in on the chateu after the first wave, even though we popped an enemy every now and then, it was quiet after a while, and we felt safe for now. Very, very stupid! 2 of my men suddenly reported "Man, 200, 5 o clock!", I scanned the horizon without seing anyone, did not bother much to check the clock direction. Behind us, a freakin RPG soldier crawled towards our 2 friendly tanks! GUESS what happened when I suddenly heard "KA-BOOOM". Twice!  mad.gif So much for backup. We lost the T72, and the T55 is damaged and useless as the cannon is red. I lost 2 tanks because I did not pay enough attention. Bah.

Then we got the message that the chateu was clear and all that, Retry save. Seconds after that, 9. was killed. I can hear it every time I hit Retry, his death scream, don´t know exactly what killed him. Then 3 soldiers pops up 200m from us.

I had to try 5-6 times to not only kill them all but not kill any of my own men, who foolishly ran in front of me when I was shooting, and to make sure they did not get any more of my men.

I have decided to continue with 7 men and no armor. I spent the whole night on this mission, and I do not feel like doing that again. I am a bad sniper, but managed to kill most of the wave running at us from the chateu when I killed the 2 guards patrolling the road. I tried so many times, finally I started to hit something else than just dirt.

I resupplied my men. 2 of us have a Dragunov, 1 PK and luckily one of the medics survived (he has one of the Dragunovs). Tons of RPG rounds too.

At one point, we dived into rifle and machingun fire between the chapel and chateu, just as we thought the area was clear and moved down there. 4-5 of us were hurt, but my men managed to kill the enemies before they got any of us. Then we ran like mad to find cover behind a hill, and the medics got their hands full, even with eachother. That´s about when that RPG guy came after us without me ever knowing it before it was too late..

Occupation - Lost Friends

The fact that you bring soldiers with you from previous missions, adds a special feeling to this campaign. I feel sad about those who lost their life, but the rest will go on and help the newbies when they arrive later.

EDIT:

I killed everybody but one M2 in the last camp, went further to check the area behind and found 2 BMP´s and infantry. Killed 3 soldiers from 1000m, 2 headshots. Missed with one RPG on one of the BMP´s, Hotel with the next one. That pissed the other BMP big time, and it came up the valley to get me! Fortunately I got 2 others of my group with me, they had RPG´s and killed it when it was about 30m away from us. Then the infantry spotted my location and decided to bust my a**. Fun´s over.

By this time, I had called the rest of my group to my position, and they treated me like a king, killing everything coming close enough to hurt me. Execpt one guy who threw a grenade at me and killed me. Life is a box of chocolate. If it comes from Osama Bin Laden or Guba, do not open it.

About 3 hours down the drain since the save in the first camp.

Anyway; It really is possible to do the "Occupation" mission without tank backups. When I picked the soldiers from 1000m, they never had a clue about my position, and returned to their position after a short while. When I hit the first BMP behind the second camp, I could see the cannon on the second one pointing at me as the BMP buzzed around like a mad cat before it climbed the valley to get me, BUT we got it too. If I had been a bit smarter (or just not so tired), I would sneak away from that position after the second BMP, before the soldiers reached us, and we would have popped them from a higher point about 150m away.

If my men had killed that guy with the grenade sooner (they did one second later), I would just have to go back down and erase the remaining M2 guy, mission accomplished. The friendly T55 tank that hadn´t been destroyed completely earlier, came in and just parked nicely in the enemy base when I called in support. A little later one of the BMP´s blew it up.

They will pay for this, - I´ll be back  mad.gif If OFP wasn´t so incredible fun to play, I would throw it away a long time ago biggrin.gif I just keep coming back for more pain (and a few victories as well).