Sign in to follow this  
Hotwire

Warning: resistance needs powerful computer

I've recently bought Resistance and I am pleased in the way that it has progressed from the original game. Unfortunately the developers have taken it upon themselves to upgrade the graphics to a point where the recommended specs are far beyond that of the original.

In OFP I could run at 1024x768x32, with maximum detail and with smooth performance, albeit with slight stutters every now and then. In Resistance with the exact same graphics options (I toned down the detail levels to match that of the original game) the performance is a lot worse.

I notice that the game stutters badly, especially when flying over the landscape in a helicopter as the computer tries to draw every tree. Even with all the detail turned down to minimum, performance is still much worse than in OFP. It is pretty smooth when running around on foot with little action, but when entering a town with enemies shooting at you the fps drops a lot. It seems as if certain graphics have been upgraded and cannot be returned to their original quality.

I am running the game on a 1.2ghz Athlon, 256 DDR ram, GF2 Ultra 64mb. I have a friend who runs Resistance on a 1.9ghz, 1024 DDR ram, GF3 Ti and the game runs fine on his at 1280x1024x32. Are these specs really what is required to run Resistance at a decent frame rate, seems pretty stupid to me...

Hm, just don't put terrain detail too high. Choose "normal" to get relatively good quality without having your harddrive being accessed all the time. Also don't put viewdistance too high (if you've got a slow computer). OF used 500-900 meters. So don't set it to 5000 and say it's slow wink.gif