Sign in to follow this  
Keyes

GUID Questions

So, I got banned on a server for an ingame reason relating to roleplay. I had to appeal on the website. In Ban Appeal application, one of the things listed was the GUID. I found it by joining a server. Now, If I'm correct the GUID has something to do with the CD key, and this has me worried.

Is it safe for people to know your GUID? For example if a thief/hacker had my GUID, could my CD key be stolen and ultimately have me banned from Battleye?

I have no malware on my PC, I don't use cheats or hacks. I am just worried that if my GUID got out, it could be stolen. I'm quite worried, as I have sent the appeal already. It is quite a popular server, on Enjin aswell. so if I put into straight questions here they are:

1. If a hacker/thief knows my GUID, is my GUID/CD Key in danger of being used maliciously, to be either used for hacking or sold fraudulently

2. Is it okay for people to know my GUID?

3. Also, my Player ID. Is it okay for people to know that aswell?

It's okay for people to know your GUID and UID. GUID's can be calculated from CD-Keys but I don't think anyone has done it in reverse.

You can actually see other players' GUID:s when they join or get kicked from servers.

It's okay for people to know your GUID and UID. GUID's can be calculated from CD-Keys but I don't think anyone has done it in reverse.

You can actually see other players' GUID:s when they join or get kicked from servers.

So I don't have to worry about getting my key stolen? I'd hate to have to make another steam account to buy the game... I've heard about GUID spoofing, so I thought it meant if someone knew my GUID, they could use it and get me banned. But would they need my CD key for it to work?

Your GUID is tied to your CD-Key and basically the CD-Key is what you paid for when you bought the game. So keep your CD-Key safe (you can find it from the registry) and don't download any suspicious cheats and stuff like that that might just locate your CD-Key and send it away...

Your GUID is tied to your CD-Key and basically the CD-Key is what you paid for when you bought the game. So keep your CD-Key safe (you can find it from the registry) and don't download any suspicious cheats and stuff like that that might just locate your CD-Key and send it away...

* System hasn't had malware (and I hope it stays like that)

* No cheats were installed on it (I'll definately keep it that way)

* No Dodgy key gens ever installed. (or any .exes for that matter)

I was just worried that if my GUID ever got out into the wrong hands that they could mess with it. Looking up solutions of this, cheat forums had come up in results of my searches, saying how they were looking for GUIDs to steal, and this is what alarmed me, and something about GUID/CD key converters. So if GUIDs were able to be used so easily to take CD keys etc, would alot of games be already gone seeming that Admins and players can see it in the chat and logs? And as long as my system is clean of malware, and stay away from hacks, I'll be fine?

Edited by Keyes

What kind of security would it be if every single time you join or get kicked from a server other players could just grab your cd-key and play with it, server owners could sell A2 accounts in the thousands. Like I said before, just keep your CD-Key safe, your GUID can and is being seen by many others.