Sign in to follow this  
jcae2798

WAR ON TERROR (Campaign)

Hey all -

Working on a small campaign based on "WAR ON TERROR" or as some would call it "Overseas Contingency Operation." This will not be a true reflection of the wars, but around things that happened.

My plans are to use multiple mods for maps, guns, and units, but need your thoughts if too many MODs would make the user mission not enjoyable as far as downloading prep. I am also wondering if anyone has any info on how to create cut scenes for missions? I've done some research, but not many tutorials easy to follow. I can't imagine creating a cut scene would be so tedious but could be wrong.

Either way looking for some ideas and help. Feel free to comment. Thanks

(Sorry this mission is not comparable to BI's campaign or fantasic campaigns created by some of the community that has voices acting and all, but i still think the community will enjoy it :) )

how to create cut scenes

What cut scene you looking for? is it actually clip from real world, or a cut scene created from the game?

If you dont mind i would like to join you in this making of War On Terror campaign, i have created some few terror missions by myself in arma 3.

Edited by TAW_Yonose

That sounds pretty cool Yonose. Let me know how you think we'd be able to work together. I've created about the first 3 scenarios so far.

I was looking to make cut scenes within the game. Nothing crazy, just short and sweet explaining the campaign itself as they play it and what the purpose of each mission is. I've tried doing some searches, but can't really find a good solid tutorial on the whole concept. If anyone has come across one i'd much appreciate it :)

---------- Post added at 00:10 ---------- Previous post was at 23:52 ----------

http://www.19thbattalion.com/forum/m/8780325/viewthread/8744410-arma-3-creating-intro-cutscenes/post/last

Just found this. Tried it out and wow. I thought maybe there would be a way to manually move the cameras around as you record but am starting to learn this is all scripting and making it jump from one camera position to another. Crazy but interesting. IDK if anyone has any other good links to elaborate a bit more on this. Thanks

This thread is turning into something else but i do want to keep it on topic to :)

My plans are to use multiple mods for maps, guns, and units, but need your thoughts if too many MODs would make the user mission not enjoyable as far as downloading prep.

Hi JCae2798,

Personally, If I have to download too many mods to play a mission, then it doesn't happen. But that is just my own opinion.

You could cater for both though by doing some reading up on isClass. If you do something like the following, then you can account for both players of your missions that like mods, and also those that do not.

if (isClass (configFile >> "CfgPatches" >> "NAME_OF_THE_MOD")) then {
   // code to spawn modded units/do whatever you need to do
} else {
   // code to spawn vanilla units/do whatever you need to do that doesn't involve the mod
};

@Das Attorney, appreciate the feedback and suggestion. I will review this.

@Yonose, i'll send an invite shortly