Sign in to follow this  
Drakenof

Blood pool textures

Any idea where i could find the Bohemia " blood pool " texture ?

http://a.pomf.se/dgpewa.jpg (1453 kB)

And in what measure this texture could be edited to be less transparent / bigger ?

It seems that the files are in \Character_F\data:

b_spot_ca.paa and slop_00_ca.paa. You could make new 3d objects like b_spot_ca.p3d (just a plan with the texture on it) and look where it is created (there is probably a value with the path to the 3d model in the Character_F config?)

Edited by super-truite

Thank you very much super-truite, i thought this thread would die on me.

I don't have the skills to make a 3D object, besides i have a very wonky version of Oxgen who keeps crashing on me. I will just go on and edit the .paa file, see how it turns out.

Encore merci.

---------- Post added at 20:13 ---------- Previous post was at 19:02 ----------

Thank you very much super-truite, i thought this thread would die on me.

I don't have the skills to make a 3D object, besides i have a very wonky version of Oxgen who keeps crashing on me. I will just go on and edit the .paa file, see how it turns out.

Encore merci.

Update.

Tried to modify the file, but for some reason when i repack character_f.pbo after have done my modifications, i can't repack it properly. Tried with two different tools, the result is the game : everything is corrupted ingame.

Is there a way to ovveride this texture by mine without having to repack character_f.pbo ?

I could really use a hand here.

Edited by Drakenof

You cannot repack the BI original files! First you need to use the new version of the tool (the steam one). Then you need to find in which confg.cpp those .p3d are used. Then make your own addon, with your own .p3d. No need to be skilled at 3d ;): just a plane like this (http://www.mediafire.com/download/b5olkae3lzscjik/universaltesthdsmoke2.p3d)