Sign in to follow this  
meatball

Problems with Steam Workshop?

Anyone else noticing something off with Steam Workshop all of a sudden? I've published a few multiplayer missions and some subscribers are suddenly saying it's showing up in their SP scenario menu, and they're getting a "No player selected" warning at startup. The mission is a MP mission, and I've had people download it over the last week and play it without a problem. Just seeing the comments about the error popping up over the last 24 hours and I hadn't updated anything in 3 days.

I did just try to republish, hoping that would fix it, but not sure what the deal is.

I've figured out the 'error'. Partially my fault, partially the way Steam Workshop is handling multiplayer submissions. I did not have a single player selected as 'player' because my missions are multiplayer/coop missions and are built to be launched through the Multiplayer menu. Unfortunately, anything you download through Steam workshop is tossed into the players "Scenarios' folder, which may cause problems if the missions are not built to be played by a Single Player.

BI/Steam, can you please set it up so COOP/Multiplayer missions published to Steam workshop actually launch as a Multiplayer server/game? I think I got a few negative votes because people tried to load the missions through the Scenario menu and it threw an error as it loaded in single player mode....

Edited by Meatball