Sign in to follow this  
Cype_Revenge

Creating Surfaces with V4?

I've been working for some time now on my map.

Only my surfaces I want to rework again.

So far I have changed the Satmask always with PS, only that is a huge amount of work.

Is it possible create the Satmask with V4?

I have found this, but it does not work, I make a mistake?

https://manuals.bisimulations.com/vbs2/2-00/devref/Default.htm#TMHowTo/Create_Basic_Terrain_QuickGuide.htm

Does anyone have experience with this?

Thanks ;)

Aha!

I recognise that guide - written by my good friend Allan Campbell from the Aussie VBS office! :)

It's 100% accurate - for the current VBS2 Visitor 4 - that means there's one or two bits which don't correspond exactly to the facilities and features we have in TB.

However - the bit you're interested in - the instructions for colouring via surface types and exporting shapefiles to imagery (section 7.5.2 Creating a Surface Mask) should work just fine in our Terrain Builder and is ideal for creating a basic "starter mask" based on any handy shapefiles you might have (eg: roads, forest polygon areas, etc etc)...

B

Thanks Bushlurker!

I try it again with this guide.

I must to change anything in my SatMask or Layer.cfg?

You need to have surfaces assigned to colours first, then you can assign one of those surfaces to each shapefile layer, and when you "export shapes to imagery", those shapes will be the colours you assigned, over the top of a definable background colour..

It's basically designed for rapid simple mask production using shapefiles to define ground surface areas...

B

Ok understand,

"those shapes will be the colours you assigned"

i found the error :-)